Chapter 9

"Cree you won't believe what happened last night," she let out a low audible scream.

"Come on girl tell me what happened," she replied with enthusiasm.

"Well Jace and i went out last night and we had the perfect dinner, we danced under the moonlight though we didn't do anything apart from dancing," she let out a disappointed voice.

"There's always next time, I'm starting to feel he's warming up to you. And babe is Thomas still around?" She asked in a curious manner.

"No that dude is good as dead and cree I'm starting to think that I'm falling for jace," she blushed.

"I thought you never wanted anything to do with celebrities?" She questioned.

"Jace is different and.....
At that very moment Riele heard a knock.

"Hey i will call you later, someone's at the door, bye bestie," she hung up and quickly headed to her wardrobe. She covered herself in a night gown as she was only putting on lacy underwear.

She went and opened the door to only find Jace at the door.

"Oh Sir what are you doing here?" She asked abit nervous.

"I thought i told you to call me jace and may i come in?" He walked past her without waiting for a reply.

Riele smiled and closed the door behind her.

"Ah Rie, today we don't have any work so i thought of spending the day with you." His words caused her to her goose bumps.

"Alright Jace i will just have to freshen up then i will be downstairs in an hours time," she politely told him.

"Alright and one more thing," he walked towards her and she kept moving backwards till her back was against the wall.

He smiled and slowly closed the gap between their faces.

"Jace what are you doing ?" She nervously asked but he kept quiet still staring at her.

He tilted his head and kissed her cheek.

"Next time when you open the door for someone make sure you wear something that doesn't expose your beautiful curves," he smiled and walked away.

She didn't understand what he meant till she looked at herself.

"Oh my word Rie, you just had to grab a see through gown," she told herself furiously.

She felt embarrassed but at the same time happy that jace appreciated her curves.
"Come on Rie you have to get ready," she told herself as she walked to the bathroom.

************************************************"********************************
"Bella I'm starting to think jace will fail," Sean said pacing around the room.

"What makes you say that?" Bella asked with zero agitation in her voice.

"It's been two months since we made the bet and we have no results," he took a sip from his wine.

"Relax, Jace will most definitely do this bet, I'm one hundred percent sure. Just give him time to warm up to the girl." She confidently told Sean.

"Okay if you say so and Jack is having a party tonight but Jace said he's not coming," Sean explained with disappointment.

"Just let him do as he pleases moreover he needs to get the job done." She said mischievously.

*************************************************************************************

It was around 9pm when jace sent everyone out of the house so that only he and Riele could have some alone time.

He headed for her room with a bottle of champagne. He didn't want to make love to her but he wanted to spend time with her.

He found himself growing fond of her everyday.

He knocked on the door and a couple of seconds later he was welcomed by Riele's glowing face.

"Oh come on, i didn't know you would came here." She said abit surprised.

"I had a change of plans, Ella has gone to visit grandma so it's just you and me," he slightly smiled.

"Oh how about Kevin?" She asked will loosening her hair.

"He's gone for a family gathering, he will be back next week, please sit i have something to tell you." He looked into her eyes and she knew it was something serious.

She did as she was told to do, a couple of minutes past without a single word being spoken.

Finally Jace broke the silence.

"Monaca was my one and only true love, we met in high school and she always encouraged me to follow my dreams," his words shocked Riele, he saw it in her eyes but he continued.

"She was all i had apart from Ella, my parents and Sean. Everything was alright till..
Flash back
"Jace i have something to tell you," Monica happily said on the phone.

"Awwwww baby i hope it's not one of those surprises," he teased her knowing how much she loved surprising him.

"Well you have to come home and find out," she said and hung up the phone.

"You guys i have to go home, my future wife has something to tell me," Jace told the crew as he headed for the door.

He rushed for the door and went directly to his car and drove off. After an hour he arrived only to find that he's parents went out with Monica.

He sat down and switched on the Tv, he was just wondering what Monica had planned this time, when he suddenly received a call from from Monica.

"Hello," he said waiting for a response.

"Hello Mr," a lady spoke  "you need to come to city hospital immediately, there's was an........
Before the lady could finish, the line cut, now jace was tense.

He got his car keys and drove off to the city hospital, he headed for the reception and found a nurse.

"Sorry ma'am but i was called to come here." He told her.

"Oh yes sir i was the one who called you, well there's was an accident and one of the victims phone was used to call you." She said to jace who looked completely lost.

Flash back over
"So what happened next?" Riele asked with curiosity written all over her face.

"Well i found out alot of things that changed my life," tears fell from his eyes.
Riele looked at Jace and she knew whatever happened that day might have been intense.

She reached out to wipe his tears but he pulled her hand and drew her close to him.
They stared into each other's eyes as they were about to kiss the phone rang.

Thanks for reading, this chapter is short and i doubt if it's that good,but i will make it up in the next chapter.
It will be continued from the phone call. Love you 😊❤️❤️