Come home to me - 2

So what changed? Jennie wants to understand

Graduation is in three months. Why did her stupid feelings finally have to catch up now? Amidst all the deadlines and papers she had to pass, why did Jennie's heart have to fall at the worst time possible?

A part of her conscience whispers that she didn't really just fall recently. She had always been a little in love with Rosé because there is no way in hell anyone could meet Rosé and not fall for her even just a little bit. So just imagine Jennie's demise as someone who sleeps with her every night.

Literally, of course.

But it doesn't matter, because Jennie cannot be distracted now. She has her thesis to pass, and a shit ton of final requirements she needs to submit so that she could graduate with Rosé. She has to focus.

Her feelings have no room for now.

But another thing about Jennie that most people would know about her is that she always liked to have a plan. A true political science major in nature, Jennie doesn't believe in chance. She liked having a basis, a certain concreteness to her actions. That includes always having a plan so that she'll never lose track.

For now, she'll focus on her academics. If her introspection was right, she's can wait three months, and then Jennie will confess. So in that case, if Rosé rejects her, it won't hurt as much because she'll have a chance to run away. They'd no longer be stuck in a dingy room, limbs entangled in a sleepy mess.

Even if the thought of no longer falling asleep in Rosé's arms already terrified Jennie immensely.

However, what was not a part of the plan was this.

Last night, Jennie finally had a free day. Well, it wasn't a free day per se. Rosé just insisted on taking her out for ice cream in that cafe that's open twenty-four seven for a bunch of either students running after a deadline and in dire need of caffeine, or insomniacs that just needed to pass the time.

They were sitting across each other, clad in their silly pajamas as they each got a scoop of the sugary treat for themselves. Actually, it's just Jennie who's wearing pants, Rosé has chosen to engulf her frame in a hoodie that went to her mid-thigh, and nothing but booty shorts underneath.

Jennie had a fun time teasing her for having her ass out at two in the morning in some cafe, but in Rosé's defense, she's too cozy. Besides, it's not as if she was a huge fan of pants, and reckons that Jennie already knew this.

True. Rosé's legs had been the cause of Jennie's midnight crises more often than not.

"Gosh, I'm so gonna regret this in the morning," Jennie whines even as she shoves a huge scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream into her mouth.

"No, you're not." Rosé giggles, playing with her own chocolate brownie ice cream. "You'll be thanking me for being such a good friend and dragging you out of our house to finally have something sweet in your system.