Cobweb Hearts - 6

Chapter 6: Explosion

Rosé: Hey Jennie, I just watched Twilight

Jennie: So did I, from my window.

Rosé: I meant that new movie that the humans seem to like so much. You know it's about vampires?:

Jennie: Sure.

Rosé: Vampires sparkle in the sunlight.

Jennie: They...what?

Rosé: Sparkle. Like how rings do in the light.

Jennie: What in hell? Are they trying to give us a bad name? That's so...dumb.

Rosé: I mean, I can make you come by sucking your fangs. You don't exactly have room to talk.

Jennie: ...but we're gay. Everything's better when it's gay.

Rosé: Well, I can't argue with that.

______________________________

This had to be a fucking joke.

The twelve sacks of groceries Jennie had been balancing in both hands fell with a thud to the floor. She gaped, open-mouthed, pushing her sunglasses up onto her head to take in the sight of the absolute mess strewn all across her apartment. Unfuckingbelievable.

"Rosie!" she thundered, storming into the living room. There were so many flowers, some cut into pieces and most of them withering and decayed, it was at first difficult to spot the blonde, but there she was. Kneeling in the center of the chaos. She even had the nerve to look entirely innocent and unaffected as she looked up at Jennie.

"Hey Jen," she said casually, as though this was an everyday thing.

"What the fuck is this?"

"I followed a lead," said Rosé with a shrug. "Hwasa went with me."

"A lead? A lead as in singular, as in one lead? As in one flower shop? Did you clear the entire place out?"

Rosé scoffed. "Of course not, don't be silly. We hit a few places." Her cheeks puffed out as she blew out a breath, bits of blonde hair floating in the air; she gestured, rather sadly and helplessly, at the flowers surrounding her. "No luck, if you couldn't tell."

"I cannot believe you," hissed Jennie, nostrils flaring as she eyed the shredded stems and stalks littering her couch.

"What?" exclaimed Rosé, frowning at Jennie now. "I had to be sure, and it's easier to drain them all because you can't drain the Flame, so I'd find it quicker! I'll clean it all up!"