all's fair in love and quidditch - 2

Chapter 2: oh how the turntables

Of course, now that Rosé had had an interaction with the girl, she couldn't stop seeing her everywhere

Of course, now that Rosé had had an interaction with the girl, she couldn't stop seeing her everywhere. It seemed like no matter where she went, Jennie was there, always giving her that same smug smirk and wiggling her fingers in greeting. Thankfully, their encounters always seemed to stop there, as Jennie was usually surrounded by a group of friends, and Rosé was usually otherwise occupied.

Unfortunately, Rosé couldn't avoid the inevitable forever. (Not that she was actually, actively avoiding Jennie Kim, because there was a part of her that was still itching for the opportunity for a 'rematch' of sorts.) The weekly prefect meetings typically consisted of assigning duties for the upcoming week and going over reports of any incidents dealt with that may or may not have happened in the previous days. They could be a little dull, but they were a part of Rosé's duties as Head Girl, the responsibility of which she took very seriously.

As soon as she entered the room in which they met, she could feel Jennie Kim's stare settling on her. Truth be told, Rosé had hardly noticed the Slytherin prefect before-- she was typically quiet during their meetings, and Rosé oversaw twenty-four different prefects, so it was easy for the quiet ones to fade into the background. After the events concerning Lisa, however, Rosé couldn't help but be hyper-aware of Jennie's every gaze and movement even if she avoided directly making eye contact with the girl.

Rosé did her best to keep her composure and soldier through the meeting, but she still found herself irritatingly distracted. Luckily, Jinyoung, the Head Boy, was there, and, seemingly sensing Rosé's unorganized thoughts, he took control of the majority of the meeting. Instead, Rosé focused on trying not to focus on Jennie's seemingly unwavering attention. As a result, Jinyoung's droning voice went in one ear and out the other.

"Rosé? Did you get that?" The Gryffindor snapped back to reality when she heard her name being called. She blinked up blankly at Jinyoung who was looking at her with an expression of mild concern.

"Sorry, I was thinking about NEWTs," Rosé quickly replied, knowing it would be a believable excuse. A few of the other seventh-year prefects murmured in commiseration, and Jinyoung patted her shoulder, nodding his head in understanding.

"No problem. I was just saying that the Slytherins are in charge of nightly patrols this week, but I have an engagement on Wednesday night so they'll be one short. Would you mind taking my place that night?"

Before she could stop herself, almost as a compulsion, Rosé turned her head slightly to look at Jennie. The Slytherin prefect leaned back in her chair and met her gaze immediately, looking so pleased that Rosé wanted to scream. She knew that she could find an excuse to give to Jinyoung as to why she actually couldn't fill in for him that night, however, she was determined not to let Jennie think that Rosé's dislike for her would get in the way of her Head Girl duties.