all's fair in love and quidditch - 3

Chapter 3: go off, sis

The next morning, when Rosé told Lisa the story of how she had basically told Jennie off the night before, the Chaser almost choked on her toast laughing

"Park Roseanne, I knew I was best friends with you for a reason! You're an absolute legend!" Lisa wheezed out, making Rosé roll her eyes but smile anyway.

She couldn't help but be proud of herself, knowing that she had gotten the last word for once. Causing that infuriating smirk to disappear from Jennie's face had felt pretty legendary at the moment, she had to admit. Rosé had finally been able to get her 'revenge', and it was like all seemed right in the world. Now, she could wash her hands of the issue and, hopefully, never have to deal with one Jennie Kim ever again.

"Well, I'm just glad that I was able to get an actual apology out of her for once. It's the least I could do," Rosé dismissed with a shrug of her shoulders.

Lisa hummed, shoving another piece of toast into her mouth distractedly, "I mean, she already kinda apologized for the Bludger thing, but the apology you got was so much better. Merlin, I wish I was there to see Kim's face when you--"

The rest of Lisa's statement escaped Rosé, as she chose to focus on the first part of it. "What do you mean, she already apologized?" Rosé said slowly, brows furrowed in a deep frown. She didn't recall Lisa nor Jennie ever mentioning there having been an apology...

Lisa looked up from her food with a small frown of her own. "Wait, Kim didn't mention that to you?" When Rosé shook her head, Lisa continued, "I mean, it was a pretty rubbish apology, but I guess by her standards it was genuine. She said, and I quote," Lisa put on a pretentious and nasally voice that sounded unlike Jennie entirely, "'I'm sorry I caused you to break your hand by being such an amazing and unstoppable force of a Beater.'" Lisa scoffed. "Even when she's apologizing she's full of herself."

Rosé leaned back in surprise. It may have been a very narcissistic way to phrase it, but from what Rosé knew about the Slytherin, it seemed likely that it was the closest Jennie would get to a genuine apology. "When was this?" she demanded, wanting as much information about this apparent apology as possible.

Lisa thought for a moment, "It was when I was still in the Hospital Wing. She just burst in and ignored Madam Pomfrey when she said visiting hours were over. So... maybe an hour after you came to visit?"

Not that long after I confronted her outside the Slytherin locker room, Rosé realized. She was now completely confused-- why would Jennie say those horrible things just to go apologize to Lisa a few hours later? Why would she continue to say horrible things, trying to provoke Rosé, instead of just saying that she had already apologized for her actions? It made absolutely no sense, no sense at all. Realizing there was only one way to obtain the truth, Rosé turned her head to look across the Great Hall.