10

A/N: Abuela and Tío's face claims will be in cast soon! 

This is like quick draw. Let me press this post button and see how many of you can get here.😂🔫

XXXX

XXXX

"Ballad." Mr. Schuester announced, writing the word on the white board. "From Middle English, balade. Who knows what this word means?"

"It's a duck." Brittany replied, confidently, as Grace nodded instantly with an innocent smirk towards Mr. Schuester's confused look.

"A male duck." Grace added, just as confidence, knowing it's not the answer, but she could care less. As the man sent her a look, also most likely aware she was messing with him, Grace munched on her ice and narrowed her eyes. 

Not today, Schue. Not today.

Santana glared at a few eyes in their direction, rubbing Brittany's knees as she sat between her two blonde best friends, not wanting her to think she was completely wrong.

"Kurt." Mr. Schue called on the boy, choosing to ignore the two girl's answers.

"A ballad is a love song." Kurt replied, as their teacher nodded in confirmation.

"Sometimes, but they don't always express love." The teacher expanded the explanation. "Ballads are stories set to music, which is why they're the perfect storm of self-expression. Stories and music are the way we express feelings that we can't get out any other way. Okay, now, Sectionals are in a few weeks and there's a new rules this year...we have to preform a Ballad!"

"Looks like my weekly letter to the Ohio Show Choir Committee finally paid off!" Rachel said, sending Puck beside her an excited smile, as the boy faked one in response.

"Rach, that's a waste of stamps." Grace pointed out, rolling her eyes.

"All worth it." Rachel sent the girl beside her a smile, as Quinn rolled her eyes and leaned further into her boyfriend to distract herself from shoving a sweaty gym sock in the girl's mouth.

Does she ever shut up?

"Okay, so here's our assignment for the week. I'm going to pair you off and I want you to pick a ballad to sing to your partner. Look them right in the eye, find the emotion you want to express, and make them feel it." Mr. Schue said, moving on to the topic at hand as he migrated across the room towards the piano.

"I pick Quinn." Finn quickly said the moment he noticed a few heads turning to look towards potential partners, before looking at Grace when she noticed her pouting at his answer, assuming she wanted to be with him too. "Or Grace. Or both."

"Wanky." Santana sang, smirking when Grace gagged a few chairs in front of her at the thought, missing the way a few people looked at her in confusion.

"No, no, no. Too easy." Mr. Schuester smirked, picking up the hat on the piano top. "Your partners will be chosen by fate and with Matt out sick for that...spider in his ear issue...We will have even pairs. Whoever you choose is your partner."