Chapter 38

Evie did not quite close her eyes. Neither did I.

Our foreheads touched. I watched her slowly opening mouth. My breath stopped as the flesh of her lips parted slowly, as if too hesitant to let go. Her tongue darted from her mouth, its lust red colour just as intense as the beating of her heart under my palm.

My fingers dug into the couch. My palm felt her skin. The teardrops on the window. The humm of the heating. The pattern of the rug under my knees. Her trembling lashes. The ring around her pupils. The goosebumps on her arms. The shine in her eyes. The way she breathed in the rhythm of Beethoven's symphony.

And as Evie's tongue slid across her bottom lip, leaving a glistening trace, I let her lead me. Her fingers dug deep into my hair, strands flowing through. Her nails slowly grazed my skin as she dug my grave in between her lips. Evie sucked on my bottom lip, pulling away, coming back, pulling us apart and back together.

Like broken pieces over time.

Evie's chin moved along with her kisses. The cherry-kissed scent, overbearing the smell of Owen's clothes. Every soft part of her surrounding me in a dooming embrace. My hand slowly slip past her chest. I let go of the couch. And I grasped her lips tenderly as I raised myself, kissing her deeper. I felt the edge of her teeth with the tip of my tongue. She caressed it with her bottom lip and pulled me in with her own. I closed my eyes from the sensation of her flesh against mine.

Her mouth was warm, welcoming and sweet. Evie was not in a rush, adoring me slowly, savouring every moment. Her lashes fluttered against my eyelids as she breathed against me, stealing the air from between us. Pulling her closer was the simplest of things... this being who resembled the goddess of love far more than Aphrodite. The small of her back arched under my touch and I wondered how could she feel it as I had merely put my fingertips on her skin.

I sucked on her tongue softly. I embraced her flesh until she moaned. Until the sound of my kiss melted away the silence. I let her go and she gasped for breath against my skin, breathing my scent in. Her beautiful mossy orbs barely opened as she looked at me through her lashes.

We were so close. Her mouth was wet. Even her chin was glistening.

I smiled.

What, she thought.

I lifted my finger and wiped us from her chin.

We are so messy, I thought.

I grasped the back of her neck and softly made her lean toward me. I kissed her bottom lip. She tasted like rain and smiles. So sweet and soft. I kissed her chin with a smile I couldn't break out of. I let my tongue roam free on her jaw, until Evie shivered, grasping my shoulders. I slowly danced to my hideaway and kissed the dip under her ear. It tickled her.

She pressed herself into me, nothing between us. I buried myself in her neck, kissing every part I could reach. Evie swept my hair away, gently and lovingly despite being in the middle of violent passion. The thunder crashed and she shivered under my hot breath. I sighed into her skin with contentment and stood up. I wasn't leaving this time.

Evie's hands slid down my shoulders to my hips. I swept my hair over my shoulder as I leaned down to kiss her. I wanted to be the one who kissed her.

After all... I was the one who felt this addictive feeling.

We kissed the night away. I let her explore our mouths. Sensations hidden under her skin. Until there was nothing to know. Nothing but the rest of out blushing bodies.

 Nothing but the rest of out blushing bodies

Follow SeraphineDarcy for more updates.