Chapter 34

My lips slipped to the corner of her lips. Her chest was rising and her bra overflowing. I kissed away myself from her chin. Leaving traces that smelled like her and me at the same time. I kissed her jaw. Soft little hairs. The scent of her perfume. I followed the vein on her neck with the tip of my nose. Her eyes shut close, her hands, fists. A shiver. Her legs, shifting against each other.

I slid my lips across her neck. I felt her beat tickling my skin. I pulled away and kissed her skin to chase the feeling away. She moaned. Loudly. In true arousal and no shame. And then she blushed, covering her eyes with her hands. She let out a shaky, slow breath and yet still couldn't hide another moan. Her cheeks and breasts flushed.

I hid away in the spot under her ear, next to her jaw. I sucked softly on the dip, breathing her in more than I have ever breathed air. Her hand shot out. Bruising my arm. Her knees were shaking. Her whole body shivering. Begging. In her mind. In her moans. By her body.

I could kiss every inch of her. Be very gentle. Like a feather. I wondered if she would be shivering like this too. She let out a sigh that turned into a piercing moan as I gripped her hips and devoured her existence. Her hand was shaking as she tried to place it somewhere. The sheets, her eyes, my hair... Her hesitance only made me take her hand, reluctantly sit up and kiss her palm.

I think that was enough, Evie, I told her.

She shook her head. I paused.

Your firsts shouldn't be in the middle of the night of regrets and sadness.

Evie held out her hand. And I obeyed. I leant in once more...

Ask me to tell a truth, she told me.

Tell me the truth, I told her.

You were my first kiss as well, my sweet Evie whispered.

All my thoughts stopped in their tracks. My heart forgot how to live and Evie had once again killed me.

It wasn't Ryan. Not a jock who would be her husband like in the movies. It wasn't the boy who showed her off and who had thousands of friends. It was me. Me. Me. Me.

I know, I lied.

How, she asked me.

Because we are soulmates, I told her, smiling.

Evie needed time. I knew from the moment she fell asleep in my arms. I knew even before I watched her calm face, free of tears and pain. I knew even before I woke up alone.

As strange as it sounds, Evie had always been a timid goddess. She had the world at her feet and yet was unsure to take it. And as much as it sounds like I am glorifying her, you'd understand if you'd ever met your Evie.

I woke up, getting up to make myself tea. The soft rumble of the kettle awakened me and as I walked around the apartment, I kicked my pants off. I was hoping Owen wouldn't come home early.

I looked at my room, the drawings all over the place. I was thinking about the assignment. The plan was for us to present it at the end of the semester, naturally, stressing every single student. I wondered what they will do. Perhaps I hoped there would be someone like me.

Equally in misery with loving parents and yet...

I propped the canvas on the stand and got to work.

Follow for more updates.