2

A/N: Because you guys have torn Chapter One apart, here's Chapter Two! 😂

XXXX

XXXX

Humming along quietly to a random song by The Romantics that had worked its way through Grace's headphones, she made a hesitant decision to delay her entrance into the school when she noticed a familiar face being harassed across the parking lot.

Grace was no hero. She wasn't going to mess with the jocks and get herself thrown inside the dumpster like some victim asking for a fight, but she didn't mind hiding a bit and waiting since she was trying to avoid Rachel Berry's morning enthusiasm.

It was 7:30 am, why all the hype?

She pushed off the tree she had been leaning on when the football players moved along, dragging her converse across the pavement cautiously as she approached the dumpster. Her first instinct was to kick the side twice, not in the mood for much speaking to begin with considering she hadn't been sleeping well and it was too early to deal with bullshit from these other kids. When there was no answer, Grace kicked it again a little hard, reaching out and knocking on the side.

"Anyone home?" She mumbled around her coffee cup, taking a small sip to try and relieve the stomach ache she's had all morning.

"Oh. It's you." Kurt blinked in surprise as his head popped out of the top of the dumpster, eyes shifting around for any other threats. "Can I help you?"

"I don't know, Oscar The Grouch. I came to help you, but I can keep moving since you're obviously too busy redecorating your living room for the Queen's visit." Grace snarked, rolling her eyes and making a move to leave, but Kurt quickly spoke up.

"Wait! I...I didn't mean that as..." Kurt sighed, holding out his hand. "Can you give me an anchor?"

Grace turned back around and eyed the hand in front of her, darkly rimmed eyes meeting Kurt's as he visibly gulped, before she sighed and took his hand, proceeding to help the taller boy climb out of the school's dumpster. She stepped back once his feet touched the pavement, wiping her hand on her thigh and trying not to gag at the lingering smell of old beef on Kurt's clothing.

"Thanks." Kurt smiled a bit, looking over Grace as he silently tried to figure out how to get in through her 90's grunge, gothic, dark and twisty walls that seemed to push away all the Glee kids besides occasionally Mercedes, and for some odd reason, Rachel Berry. "You should let me return the favor. Maybe we can go to Lima Bean sometime?"

"Ew. No." Grace snorted, sipping her coffee and turning away to walk towards the school. "I don't make friends. See you in Glee."

"I thought we were already friends!" Kurt called after her, frowning a bit when she kept walking, not sparing him another look. He pressed his lips together, brushing off his outfit of the lettuce leafs holding onto his jacket for dear life, eyes following Grace's movements across the parking lot.