XXIX

MALIK ARMAI COLEMAN
||Tone||

I looked down seeing Akiyla was balled up under me with the cover over her face

I ain't told Jamari what happened to her yet, or went to her apartment but I know that shit fucked.

"Sarai" I shook her. She stirred in her sleep finally waking up.

"Hmm what's wrong?" She frowned looking around, her eye went down a little since we iced it.

Her lip was spilt a little but she said she was ok, I didn't wanna force her to get help she didn't want.

"Nun we needa talk to yo brother and shit" I said.

"For?" She looked down; she had been doing that because she was embarrassed of her eye.

"A nigga almost raped you, fuck you mean why?" I scrunched my face up.

"We can tell him later- we need to talk" She sighed.

I shook my head the way we ended should just be left where it is.

"Amari" She straight faced me.

"Ight talk, I ain't got much to say" I mumbled.

"The whole thing with Corion was a misunderstanding, we saw each other at the beach and we exchanged numbers. I only gave him my number because I knew you and Kamani was talking still" She began speaking .

I still didn't know how she knew that, me and Kamani had a few convos nothing serious.

I took her food one time and that was when me and Akiyla broke up.

"Corion knew I had a boyfriend and I always made it clear- I wasn't hiding it because you could've asked me and I would've told you the truth"

"Why you ain't tell me right then and there?" I asked.

"Same reason you acted like you didn't get Kamani number when I left... We still need
to speak on your actions" She looked me up and down.

Eye barely open tryna stare somebody down.

"Me and Kamani did exchange numbers at the mall, but that was it I ain't even text her for a while we had a few short conversations nothing major" I said.

"But why even get her number at all?" She asked.

"Ion know but I did take her food"

"I know about everything you tried to break up with me for stuff u did first?" She asked

The day we broke up I Should've heard her out but I didn't.

"Are we go-"

"Front door open" We both heard it cut Akiyla off from speaking.

I heard footsteps and Kamani appeared in the room.

"Why she here?" Kamani mugged both of us.

No we wasn't together no typa relations, she was pregnant with my seed though.

When she bought shit for the baby she brung it here.

So she had a key, Akiyla still had hers she never gave it back.

"Why is you here?" Akiyla mugged her.

"Girl i'll swole yo eye up some more don't piss me off" Kamani said.

"Y'all all buddy buddy in bed so I guess he ain't tell you?"

Akiyla attention turned on me, I wasn't finna tell her about me getting Kamani pregnant last night.

"She pregnant Sarai" I said her face frowned up and she nodded getting out of bed.

She walked up to Kamani punching her in her mouth, she fell back and I ran over to Kamani.

She was only a month but Akiyla ain't need to do that shit.

"Fuck is you on?" I sucked my teeth helping Kamani up.

"Me? You got her pregnant after 2 months of being broken up." She got in my face.

Kamani walked in the bathroom holding her mouth, she slammed the door and I looked at Akiyla.

"Don't forget who ended the relationship"

"You did; you knew you was still talking to her bringing her food and shit. But you mad because I talked to my ex?" She scrunched her face up.

"Look where that shit got you"

I felt my mouth stinging and licked my lip bleeding.

"Look where that mouth got you and yo babymama" She shook her head putting her shoes on.

AKIYLA SARAI JAMES

"Where's Jamari?" I asked looking at Mia

"In the house, you good? Who did this?" She looked at me face for a while.

"Corion" I said lowly.

"Gir- we can handle this shit right now" She said walking to grab her purse

"Let me tell my brother" I laughed at her.

She ignored me calling the rest of the girls, I shook my head walking inside.

"Mari" I called out he looked at me and his face frowned up.

"Fuck happened to you?" He stood up walking over he grabbed my face examining it.

"Malik did this shit?"

"No Corion did , I think he's still at my apartment too" I frowned.

I didn't want to go back at all, I think I should just move back with Jamari.

"I'm gone handle it, you ain't tell Mia did you?"

I nodded my head and he sucked his teeth "Tell her come here"

She walked inside holding a gun in one hand and her phone in the other.

"What?" She mugged him.

"Girl ain't nobody scared of you or that little ass gun" He shook his head.

"Boy fuck you, let's go Kiyla" She said cocking the gun.

"No sit yall asses down, we gone handle it" He said walking to the back.

Credit for 28 & 29 to miafrmdawic