XVI

AKIYLA SARAI JAMES

"So what you need to talk to me about?" Malik asked, placing his gun on my dresser and sliding his shoes off

"So what you need to talk to me about?" Malik asked, placing his gun on my dresser and sliding his shoes off. I took a deep breath and sighed.

"IgotIED." I hurried up and pushed out.

"Guh what?" He asked confused, sitting on my bed. Since I was laying down he placed my feet on his lap and started rubbing them.

"I said I got IED." I said, much slower this time.

"That's all you had to tell me?" He asked laughing and I mugged him.

"No, but why you laughing?" I asked him.

"Because, you was acting all nervous and shit. Ion care bout you having that, it doesn't make you less of a person."

"Boy anywayss" I dragged, blushing.

"What else you need to tell me?" He asked, continuing to rub on my feet.

"Basically I wanted to tell you why I did what I did a few weeks ago." I mumbled and he nodded his head. I took a deep breath and prepared myself to tell the story.

-

We walked in the house and the music was louder than before. Yanna, mia, and naya invited me out to a house party and I said yes just because I wanted to get out the house.

My brother was here too but he arrived before we did so that's who we were looking for.

"There he go." Janaya yelled over the music and pointed in the direction my brother was in. We all went that way and he acknowledged us.

"Why y'all look so tense, sit down." He mugged us and I mugged him right back. We all sat down and I sat on the side of Naya.

"Y'all ain't got no drinks or nothing?" Ayanna asked. My brother pointed to the table in front of us, where the Hennessy sat and she cheesed.

"We got the Hennessyyyyyy!" Samia yelled and bounced in the seat, resulting in her getting snatched up by my brother.

"Calm yo ass down." He gritted through his teeth. She crossed her legs and smiled and I mugged them both.

-

We've been here for 30 minutes and everybody was drunk. I don't drink so I was sober, well not technically since I was high off of weed.

I was getting bored and I also had to pee so I stood up.

"Where you going." Janaya slurred.

"To the bathroom." I shrugged and she nodded her head.

"It's upstairs, and it's going to be the first door to the left." Some girl, I'm assuming is the owner of the house said. I nodded my head and proceeded to follow her directions.

I found the door and opened it. I made sure to lock it behind me then used the bathroom. After I wiped myself and flushed the toilet, I washed my hands.

I walked out the door and immediately felt someone wrap their hands around my neck. I screamed and the person hand went across my face.

"Shut the fuck up." He gritted out and I looked at his face. He was darkskin, had waves and a tattoo above his eyebrow.

(I'm not writing it out.)

"Akiyla wake up!" I heard, but I couldn't move. I was stuck and my whole body hurts.

"It's gone be ok boo." Another voice spoke.

"It hurts." I whispered and the person shushed me. I felt tears cloud my vision.

"We gone get you to a hospital." The voice whispered in my ear and I nodded my head.

I slowly felt my eyes closing, and I didn't try to fight it.

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║

"And ever since I haven't let a boy touch me." I finished my story off with tears sliding down my face. Malik pulled me in a hug and hugged me tight.

"Stop crying." He said and wiped my tears.

"He still alive Malik, they couldn't find him." I said.

"He ain't even gone be living for no more longer ma." He replied and I nodded my head. He rubbed my back in a soothing manner making me sleepy.

"Thanks for listening to me." I whispered and closed my eyes.