XIX

AKIYLA SARAI JAMES

2 weeks later.

"girl I can't believe y'all dateeee." Nicole dragged.

"I can." Mia raised her hand and laughed.

"Y'all look good together." Janaya looked up from her phone to say and Ayanna nodded.

"Yea, we supposed to be going out today." I said.

"You need to start getting ready then, fuck you still talking to us for." Mia said and I mugged her. She always had something smart to say.

"She finna piss me off." Nicole said, typing hard on her phone.

"Who?"

"Shania, she gone sit here and ask me why I'm hanging out the opps, I said who the opps, she talking bout Akiyla."

"girlllllllll." I looked at naya, yanna, and Mia.

"the fact that she got beef with her and she don't even know why is crazy to me." Samia laughed and I agreed.

"Right, like she was just around me the other day and it won't a issue." I said, looking confused.

"She wishy-washy and I'm not fucking wit that, because behind mines I'll step." Janaya shrugged and leaned back.

"That part." Yanna and Mia said in sync.

"But to be honest, I'm not worried bout that bird ass bitch." I shrugged my shoulders and stood up from the couch.

"Where you going?"

"I'm finna get ready to go with Malik." I yelled because I was already in the hallway.

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║

"oouu let's get these!" I held up some shoes, showing Malik.

"Ask for our sizes Sarai." He huffed.

"You know what never mind." I put the shoes down and walked out the store.

"bro, what's wrong with you?" He followed after me.

"Since you picked me up you been having an attitude, Ian do you nothing." I turned around and mugged him. He just stared at me and I nodded my head and continued to walk.

"Malik??" A girly voice said and I damn near broke my neck trying to turn around.

"Damn, is that Kamani?" He squinted his eyes and I looked in the direction he was looking.

"It's been so long, how you been?" Kamani walked up to us.

"I been good or what not, trying to stay out the way." He rubbed his fresh braids.

"You ain't bout to have nun to rub in a few minutes." I mumbled mugging both of them.

"Is this your sister?" She looked me up and down.

"Girl be fucking for real, you know damn well ion look like his damn sister." I stale faced her and she frowned.

"Well who are you?" She titled her head to her side.

"This my girlfriend." Malik grabbed my hand and I snatched it away from him.

"ohh." She mumbled and I rolled my eyes.

"What's your number so we can catch up?" He asked and I popped him in his mouth.

"Don't play with me Amari, you real disrespectful." I said, calling him by his middle name, and walked away. I pulled out my phone and called myself an Uber.