What's your name?

Ruby was always confused about her soulmate. Her mark used to be fully readable when she was young but one it suddenly had become an unreadable blurred mess except for their last name, Marigold. It has been so long she forgotten what used to say but it left her with many question.  Things like, 'Are they a boy, girl or nonbinary?', and, 'Why did become unreadable?', and most of all, 'What's your name?', we're constantly flowing through Ruby's mind.

When Ruby first meet May Marigold none of these questions were answered. It wasn't until she changed later that night she noticed what happened to her soulmark. It had changed yet again. No longer was the first name a garbled mess it now said May.

She almost shrieked in joy. "Yang. Yang. Look. It's readable again. May's my soulmate.", Ruby yelled excitedly and showed her sister the mark on her wrist. Yang's eyes lit up. "That's great Rubs. You can discuss it with her tomorrow. Maybe she'll know why it happened in the first place.", Yang said.

Ruby was so excited she didn't sleep all night. At 7 am she was already and ready to the happy huntresses. "Wake up everyone we need to find May.", Ruby said and began shaking her teammates awake. The three older girls grumbled but got up and got ready for the day.

Soon they were off to look for May and her group. They found them camping in the woods near by. Ruby made a b-line over to May and hugged her. May felt a little awkward but hugged the young girl back. When Ruby finally released her soulmate she said, "Why didn't you say we were soulmates yesterday? Did my first name also disappear from your mark?"

May looked confused. "What you mean my name disappeared?", she asks Ruby. Ruby shrugged and started, "It used to be readable but one day it just became a garbled mess when I was really young. Until last night I only knew your last name.", answered Ruby.

"Really? I wonder if...", May started to say but trailed off. May bit her lower lip unsure if it's okay to tell Ruby yet that she's a trans woman. Ruby looked at May expecting her to finished. When she didn't Ruby started talking, "If there is something your not comfortable telling me yet I understand. We can discuss something else."

May thought for a minute decided she could trust Ruby. "It might be because I am a transgender woman. When started questing my identity what was my name before became untrue.", May said. Then found herself in a hug again.