You have five minutes.

Ruby knew the exact time she would meet her soulmate, how could she not clock in her skin counting down to it. She was standing in atlas academy with Penny when it happened. She meet eyes with a beautiful dark skinned girl when it went off and felt warmth seep into her collarbone where timer was and spread out. The girl approached them and instead of Ruby like she expected she spoked to Penny, "Penny, it's time for combat class lets go." Then the girl started to walk away. "Ciel aren't you gonna say anything to Ruby. She is your soulmate.", Penny says. The girl, Ciel, stopped in her tracks. "No time. We need to go now.", Ciel said and continued walking away. Penny sighed and walked after her leaving Ruby alone and heart broken.

Ruby spent the next week trying to get her soulmates attention. No matter what she did the girl was always rushing off to do something. "She wouldn't even stop for cookies and strawberries. How is she my soulmate?,", Ruby complained to her team. "Maybe she just doesn't like girls.", Weiss suggested. "She won't even be my friend though. Soulmates are always at least platonic friends.", Ruby cried. They all shrugged knowing she was right, they'd never heard of soulmates not getting along. "Maybe she is just really busy, Try finding out when she has down time.", Blake says.

It took Ruby another two weeks to figure out when the girl wasn't on the clock and for to be alone. Ruby cautiously approached her. Ciel gave her the side eye. "I just want five minutes of your time.", Ruby said expecting to be told not. Ciel sighed. "Fine. You have five minutes.", Ciel said

"Really?", Ruby asked brightening. "Don't make regret this.", Ciel said. Then Ruby rambled off questions for the next 5 minutes but was surprised when she was not stopped at the 5 minutes. Not looking gift horse in the mouth she continued and Ciel found she did mind.