A much needed conversation

Ruby had the names Blake Belladonna and Velvet Scarletina written on left ankle and right shoulder since she was born. She knew they were her soulmates but it always bothered Ruby she didn't know who they were as people. Thoughts such as, 'What are their hobbies?, Do they like cookies?, and Will they like me?', we're constantly on her mind.

The first time she meet Blake she walked away without even telling Ruby her name. The second time she did get name but that was it because Blake wanted to read. Even after they became apart of the same team Blake was very closed off to Ruby so she didn't learn much outside her name and that she likes reading.

With Velvet she did have as much of a problem getting to know her. She meet Velvet when team Cardin was bullying Velvet for being a faunus and Ruby butted in and told them to get lost. After helping Velvet was still a little shy at first but she was quick to start telling one of her soulmates about herself and introduced Ruby to her team even. Velvet had no luck getting Blake to open up either.

Then a Monkey faunus showed up for the Vytal festival. After being harassed by Weiss about him winking at her passing Blake revealed that she was actually a cat faunus and then ran off. Ruby immediately went to find Velvet to look for Blake. They scoured vale looking for Blake and eventually found her in a cafe with the monkey faunus.

They burst into the cafe. "Blake we're sorry.", Ruby said launch herself at the cat faunus who surprisingly didn't push her off. Velvet walked up to the 2 girls. "Neither of us wanted you to feel like you couldn't tell the truth and be yourself. We were just trying to get to know you but we made you uncomfortable instead. We should have known better.", Velvet said.

After a minute Blake started talking. "It's okay. I did wrong things too. I shouldn't have pushed you both away. I feel like owe you both an explanation.", Blake says. "You don't need to tell us anything your not comfortable with.", says Ruby from her spot on Blake's lap. So the three sat down to have a much needed conversation while the monkey Faunus slipped away.