Maybe i'm the problem

Kehlani's POV:

"What are you doing?!" Billie yelled. "Nothing I-" I said before I got cut off. "Seriously Kehlani?! I'm done, forgiving, and forgiving you saying they are all mistakes! It's clear this one isn't!" She scoffed. "Baby please." I said as I got out the water.

"Don't Kehlani! You ruined everything! Took to waste on what we had, I can't believe you." She said as her voice cracked. "No baby please listen to me." I say as I held her hand. She immediately took her hand back, "I did several times. I'm sick of it. I can't do this anymore." Billie said.

"Billie please, don't do this! You know I love you." I said as I started tearing up. "I can't even look at you in the eye anymore." Billie said as tears fell down her cheek. "Baby please! Don't do this, i'm begging you." I say. "Don't 'baby' me, tell Dani that." She said.

"Me and Dani aren't anything." I say. I looked at Dani as she looked a bit hurt, why did I say that?! "Stop being a lier! Now I know why you've been so distance." Billie said. "Me, distance? Are you kidding me right now?" I scoff out.

"Jessie let's just go." Billie said as she cleaned her tears. "No, we're not gonna let both of them ruin our day. Let's just ignore them." Jessie said. Billie looked at her with a blank face and then responded, "Fine for a little. I can't stand seeing her." Billie said as Jessie nodded and walked away. They didn't go too far from us.

I sighed as I looked at Dani, "I'm so sorry." She mumbled in instant regret. "Dani just go home." I said as I sat down on the old rusty picnic table which we cleaned once we got here.

"What?! You drove me here." Dani scoffed. "I don't have time for this bull shit." I said. "Excuse me?" Dani said. "Please just go." I say as I cover my face with both of my hands irritated.

"Kehlani," Dani mumbled as she sat down next to me as she scratched my back. "I know how you feel, i've been there before." She mumbled. "You have?" I asked. "Yeah, a year ago I was dating a girl, a very special girl who made me feel loved. About four months later she was being strange and distance and felt bored of me. I let it slide thinking she was going through some stuff but as time went by I fell out of love, so I broke up with her. And here I am." She says.

"So you're saying I fell out of love with Billie?" I mumble as I looked at Dani. "Maybe, only you know." She said. I sighed as I looked at Billie from afar having fun with Jessie. The spark wasn't there. Could she feel the spark? Or was I the problem?

Maybe i'm the problem.

"Let's just stay for a little longer." Dani mumbled in my ear. "Sure." I smile as I look into her eyes as I look away once we make eye contact. "Am I making you nervous?" She smirked as she grabbed my chin and forced me to look at her. "Am I?" She smirked. I couldn't even form a proper sentence.

"W-No! No!" I say as I look down to the floor. She chuckled, "Let's just go back to the water!" I say as I grabbed her arm and dragged her with me.

I looked from afar seeing Jessie flirting with Billie as Billie flirted back. I forgot about Jessie. She definitely thinks she won. She may have won this one, but I can assure you this will be the first win she'll ever get.

"What you looking at?" Dani said as she pulled me in by the waist. "Nothing." I say as I put my arms around her neck. She smiled as she looked at me giving me butterflies.

She spins me over as I make eye contact with Jessie. I couldn't see her face, but I could tell she was pissed.

"Dani." I say giving my full attention to her. "Hmm?" She said. "I'm sorry, I should've never snapped at you earlier. "It's okay ma, don't worry about it." She said as she kissed me.

I kissed her back tasting honey, her lips always tasted like honey. Was it lip balm? Or is that just how her lips were? If so I could get used to this.

(Both Dani and Kehlani have a song called Honey! If you haven't listened to them do it! Especially by Dani (070shake) it's been on repeat!)

~ Time Skip ~

We stayed in the water for almost an hour and so did Billie and Jessie. "The sun is setting." Dani said as she drank her cold iced water. We changed back to more comfortable clothes.

I changed into a over sized shirt of Dani's with regular black shorts and crocs while Dani had a cropped brown shirt with black shorts again. She has something with black shorts.

Dani's OUTFIT:

(Couldn't really find anything I liked for Kehlani's fit so you can image the description or anything you want to imagine!)

She looked hot as hell with her hair wet.

We both had towels to dry ourselves up. I sat down on the floor on top of a towel. Later then Dani came sitting next to me as she put her towel over both of us.

"This is so beautiful." I mumble as I put my head on her shoulder. "Mhm, but i'm staring at something that's way more beautiful." She said. I faced her looking for what she was talking about as we made eye contact making me laugh.

"Nah you're lying. The sunset is literally pink and orange." I mumble as I go back to staring at the sunset. "Can't change my mind." She said. "Mhm sure." I chuckle.

"Dani." I mumble as she hummed. "We just ruined everything." I say. "What do you mean?" She asked. "Our friend group, you and Blair. Billie and I. Possibly even my reputation." I say.

"Shh, let's not talk about that. Right now it's just me and you." She says as she kisses my cheek. Damn, I ruined everything for some girl who I just met. Yet she makes me so crazy.

We stayed till the sun went down as the moon appeared. "Let's go before it gets even more late." Dani said as I nodded. She got up and gave me a hand to help me up.

"Thanks for everything." I say. "No problem, you know I really like hanging out with you Kehlani. Like a lot." Dani said making me blush. "I like hanging out with you too." I say.

As I stared at her my eyes directed me to Jessie and Billie kissing each other. I looked back at Dani and smiled. I put my arms around her neck and start kissing her which lead to us making out.

I moaned as I felt her tongue slide down my throat. I opened my eyes seeing Billie just staring at our direction.

I felt bad for cheating on her but I wasn't happy, I would just tell myself she was my girlfriend, knowing I had a girlfriend made me excited. Being able to say 'I love you' to someone everyday. Knowing someone loved me made me feel happy inside. But now, what is there to feel? What should I feel with Billie? What did I need to feel with Billie?