Why'd you only call me when you're high?

Billie's POV:

"What's wrong with her?" Blair asked. "I don't know she was being a bitch." I shrugged as I aggressively ate my chips. "What happened?" Nailea asked. "She was mad that I was with Dani and sat with her, so when I entered class I told her there wasn't any need to be jealous and then I noticed she was high and I mentioned it and she got mad at me and left." I sighed.

"Hey guys!" Dani said as she sat next to me. "Hi! Where were you?" Blair asked. "Oh with some Jayden kid and a few of his friends, they asked to hang out later." Dani said with a smile. We all looked at each other.

"Jayden? As in that Jayden?" I said as he walked by. "Yeah, why?" She asked. "Don't go with him. Trust me Dani." I said. "Why?" She asked. "Just don't! Look don't talk to him, i'll be back and sort this out." I said. Dani was confused but didn't bother asking anymore questions.

"Blair come with me." I said as I grabbed her hand. "We need to find Kehlani now, she obviously has something to do with this." I said. "No shit dude, just track her location!" Blair said. I did as she said, she was behind the school building. I groaned knowing what this meant, she was smoking.

"You go by yourself, you'll figure it out. Talk it out and in the meantime i'm going with Dani." Blair said. "Alright." I sighed as I headed to the back building.

I walked to the back of the building and there were people smoking a blunt and passing it around while others just did there own thing.

"Damn mama, let me get your number." A kid said. "Back the fuck off she's mine." Kehlani said coming out of nowhere. The kid speed walked away. "What are you doing here? Are you gonna give me a lecture again?" Kehlani said.

"No i'm not actually," I sighed. "Jayden." I said. "What about him?" She asked. "What the fuck did you tell him?" I asked. "I don't know what you're talking about Billie." She shrugged. "I'm serious Lani, tell him to stop whatever he's doing. We don't want Dani hurt." I said.

"Who's we?" She scoffed out with a chuckle. "Blair, Aliyah, Larray, Nai, and me." I said. "Why do you care about that bitch?" She said. "Lani just please. All i'm asking baby, talk to me when you're not high cause you're a different person when you're high." I mumbled. I instantly regretted saying that as a frown appeared on her face but I walked off.

I walked back to the table and sat down. "So what did she say?" Nailea asked. "She's high as hell and she was 'confused' and stayed denying it." I said. "I'm so lost." Dani said. "Jayden, let's say he's the kid who people pay so he can jump people ya know. And sometimes it goes bad. Once a kid ended up in a hospital. Just don't go with him, and stick with us." Aliyah said.

"This school is ghetto." Larray said. "Yeah this school is definitely way different then my old school even though my old school was a public school and this is a private school." Dani chuckled. "Dani," I asked. She hummed in response. "Why'd you move here?" I ask.

"Divorced parents, my dad took full custody of me so we moved here and he's like rich so you know." Dani shrugged. "Oh i'm sorry." I said. "Don't be it's way better now." She smiled at me. "Anyways Blair what was that thing you wanted to show me?" Dani said. "Oh yeah! Come with me!" Blair said as she interlinked her hand and dragged her elsewhere.

"So Kehlani won't budge?" Larray asked. "She's being petty for that shit." Aliyah shrugged. "Hey Bil." Jessie said as she sat down next to me with her arm around my shoulder. I politely removed her arm.

"Hi Jes." I said. "Where's your bitch at?" She asked. I gave her a glare, "I don't care where she's at." I said as I put my head down. She massaged my head with her long nails, "You guys in a argument?" She chuckled. "No she's just. . .I dunno." I sigh.

The bell then rang.

I walked with Jessie to our class, Kehlani was already sitting down on top of the table man spreaded with her guy friends.

When I walked in she gave me a small smile as I just ignored her. I didn't want anything to do with her when she was high. When Kehlani's high she turns to a different person. She acts like she doesn't care. Once we were cuddling and she took out a blunt and started smoking I didn't mind or care at the time so I didn't say anything. Then she pushed me off of her and told me to go home because her guy friends were coming over.

"So did you do the homework?" Jessie asked. "Fuck I forgot!" I groaned. "You can copy off of me it's no big deal." She said sliding me a piece of blank paper and her paper. "Thank you!" I said as I hurriedly copied her paper.

"Okay guys were gonna watch a short film then we're turning in homework from yesterday." She said. Somebody patted my shoulder, I turned to look and it was Kehlani with red eyes that you could spot from a mile away. She couldn't even open her eyes right. The teachers seem to always notice but don't even bother knowing she'll do it again.

"What." I said stubbornly. "Um let me copy off yours yeah?" She asked. I looked at her with disbelief, "Fuck off Lani. I already told you don't talk to me when you're high." I mumbled. "Please! Me and the guys need it!" She mumbled. "Well you and 'the guys' can fuck off." I said. "Now please get out of my face, I need to watch this." I said.

                  ~ 8th period/Last period ~

"Look!" I said. "I did it!" I told Dani. "Yeah! You finally did it." She chuckled. "I can do it again!" I said as I threw a grape and tried caching it with my mouth but horribly failed. "Mhm sure." Dani laughed out loud

It was finally the last period. Our teacher was absent so there was a substitute who was pretty chill and let us do whatever we wanted as long as it wasn't too loud and we didn't break anything.

I was looking forward to what Kehlani told me last night but I guess that wouldn't happen.

"Do you know how to play a instrument?" Dani randomly said. "Um I know Piano, Guitar, and Ukelele." I said. "Damn I always wanted to learn how to play Piano but I suck!" She giggled. "What instruments do you play?" I asked. "Electric guitar, electric bass, and guitar." She said.

"What that's dope! You should definitely come over and we can mess around with them." I suggested. "We should! But i'm always busy you know the hoes." She said sarcastically.

"Billie can we talk." Kehlani said. I looked at her, her eyes weren't as red. "Sure." I said. She noticed I wasn't going to budge so she sat next to me.

"I told Jayden to stop. And i'm sorry I guess jealousy took over me. At first I didn't wanna say anything but then I took some hits and I didn't even know what I was saying or thinking i'm so sorry baby." She said as she held my hand.