Kiss

Kehlani's POV:

I woke up and didn't go to school today. I didn't care anymore. I just laid in bed staring at the ceiling.

I go on instagram and see Billie trending. I check it out as tons of people were excited for her new release.

I was happy for her, I know she's definitely excited. I get a phone call and seeing a contact name i've never thought i'd see call me. It was Evelyn my childhood friend. We stay in contact but we rarely text or call each other.

I answer the phone. "Hello?" I say. "Oh my god hey Kehlani!" She says in a excited tone. "Hey Evelyn!" I say. "Bro i'm staying in LA for a while and decided to catch up with you." She says. "Damn when?!" I ask. "Tomorrow!" She says. "I haven't been in LA in years!" She says. "Last time I seen you, you were eight bro!" I say. "I know! I can't wait to see how you look like." She says. "Nothing really changed." I say chuckling.

  ~ A few hours later ~

I was on the phone with Evelyn for hours just catching up and making plans for tomorrow. Honestly I was very excited to see her.

I decide to get up and eat since I haven't aten the entire day. I go downstairs and just make myself some cereal and just watch a random movie to kill some time.

My phone then starts vibrating. I pick it up and it's a phone call from 'Nai 🤍' I answer it. "Where are you?" Nailea asks. "Home, why?" I ask. "I was just wondering but I do have something to tell you." She says anxiously. "What is it? You're scaring me." I say as I chuckled. "Check it our for yourself. Go on instagram and check the school's drama page." She says.

I stay on call as I do what she says. I looked at their recent post and it was Billie and Jessie kissing. My heart shattered as my eyes turned glossy. "Kehlani," Nailea says. "Are you okay?" She says sounding genuinely upset.

I scroll down the comments. 'Aren't Kehlani and Billie a thing?' 'Damn I knew that Billie girl was a hoe' 'Who tf would cheat on Kehlani?!' 'This billie girl downgraded. Dated the hottest chick and then went for the midest chick' while others just shipped them.

I let out a angry sigh. "Do you want me to ditch so I can come over?" Nailea asks. "No it's okay Nai, I know your parents would be angry." I say. "You sure?" She asks. "Yes I am." I say. "Alright but i'm coming after school because I know you're hurting." She says. "I'm fine, love you Nai." I say as I end the call.

I burst into tears as I buried my face onto my pillow.

'We weren't even dating so why am I upset?' My mind said but I knew why I was upset, because I loved her, I loved Billie. For a minute I believed she loved me back, but I guess not.

                          ~ The Next Day ~

I woke up and looked at myself in the mirror. Big red puffy eyes, it was obvious I cried all day.

Evelyn was coming in the afternoon so that kinda made me feel better.

I did all my needs and got dressed.

Kehlani's outfit:

I didn't care, nor did I try

I didn't care, nor did I try. I just wanted this day to be over with.

                           ~ At School ~

I arrive and approach Nailea and Larray. "Hey guys." I say. "How are you doing?" She asks. "I don't know." I say. "You know we can always talk." She says. "Yeah and I appreciate that." I say as I gave her a genuine smile.

"Now enough with this sad shit I just wanna get this over with." I say. I notice Billie and Jessie together laughing and smiling. I didn't care.

"Hey babe, I heard you and that Billie chick are over." Amanda says. I roll my eyes. "Amanda can you just leave me alone for fucks sake." I say. "Aww what's wrong daddy?" She pouts out.

"Amanda go." I say bitterly. The bell then rings. "No, I actually wanna talk. It's serious." She says. I sigh. "Nai i'll catch you up later." I say as she nodded and left. "What is it?" I ask.

"I wanna make me and you work," She says. "Like no bullshit. I wanna try and see if we'll work out. I don't wanna give up so easily." She says.

"Look Amanda," I sigh out. "I'd love to, and I would. But I don't know, give me some space. When i'm ready i'll consider it." I say. She smiled and hugged me tightly. "Sounds good!" She says pecking my lips before heading to class.

"So you and Amanda huh?" A voice says from behind me making me shiver.

I immediately look back. It was Blair. "I guess." I mumble. She stared at me without saying a word for minutes.

"Tell me something." She says. "Huh?" I ask confused. "Be honest with me." She says. "What?" I ask. "How do you feel about Jessie and Billie?" She asks.

"I mean I always hated Jessie since Elementary School. She's always been my competition so I don't know if she's doing this shit on purpose. I'm pissed because she knows it's working." I say.

"So you think Jessie is using Billie?" Blair asks. "Possibly, I don't know. Jessie is capable of doing anything to make me pissed." I say. "I mean i've always won. I've always won against her but now that she thinks "stealing" my girl is a competition, it gets me pissed." I say.

"How does Billie feel?" Blair asks. "I don't know, she doesn't wanna hear me out. She refuses to cooperate." I say. "I'll try and help, but I doubt she'll listen to me. I really believe you guys are meant to be." She says.

"Wait! Blair," I say as I grab her wrist. She looked back facing me. "Did Jessie and Billie actually kiss?" I mumble. "I don't know, she
keeps ignoring me when I question her. I think you should talk to her about it." She says.

"Well how the fuck am I supposed to talk to her if she doesn't wanna!" I say. "I don't know, take the opportunity now that you have Billie alone for first period." She says. "Oh yeah! Thanks Blair! I appreciate it, I really do." I say before running off to my first period.