forty three

(A/N : this is just a filler chapter, so sorry for being MIA for half an year)

Two weeks passed by without Jade seeing him, she ate her breakfast, lunch and dinner in her room, she didn't join him like she did the first time during the meals, she was half expecting him to drag her out of her room but none of that happened, s...

Two weeks passed by without Jade seeing him, she ate her breakfast, lunch and dinner in her room, she didn't join him like she did the first time during the meals, she was half expecting him to drag her out of her room but none of that happened, she was surprised, to say the least.

Jade had felt an inkling that he was ignoring her after their last encounter in her room.

She felt like being coped up inside her room was the only thing that would protect her from whatever she would face once she was outside, but she could only sit inside these four walls for so long, doing nothing, passing her days monotonously. She felt like she would lose her mind if she sat around for even five more minutes. It also didn't help the fact that she missed Adryan and Adonis so much, she felt like she had left behind a piece of her heart with them, she even missed Violet and everyone else in the pack. Jade didn't know how long it has been since she was taken away from the pack, or if Adryan was searching for her. Sitting around and staring out the barred window with too many thoughts running through her mind was her new hobby.

She only had contact with two people for the past two weeks, the butler she first met when she woke up in this place, and a maid who brought her meals throughout the day.

Deciding to finally leave her room, Jade approached the door to her room determined.

Slowly clicking open the door she slowly peeks her head outside, seeing that the coast was clear she steps out completely. She walks through the silent hallways, taking in her surrounding, sometimes stopping in her way to take a closer look at the paintings that hung along the walls, she noticed that all of them had a theme of darkness surrounding them. Yet, they were beautiful in their unique way. The whole place looked like something out of the Victorian era, with candles lit along the way to show the path and with very dim lighting in places with walls painted dark in colour that contributed to the darkness.

She continued walking, she felt like she was walking through a maze as she run her hands along the walls as she walked, walking while her head turned to the side, gazing at one of the paintings on the wall. Jade suddenly felt chills running up her spine, she had an intuition that she wasn't alone, there was someone else present, hiding in the darkness. Knowing that it would be better to return, she turns around to leave, she accidentally bumps into something or someone. Startled she moves back, her emerald green eyes meet a pair of blood-red eyes that stare back at her. The woman in front of her had dirty blonde hair, a straight nose and a sharp jawline that could put a man's jawline to shame, she was beautiful in a dangerous way, with her full lips painted red, pale face.

One look at her was all it took for Jade to understand that the person was a Vampire. Subconsciously she moves back, the woman just keeps staring at her, making her feel eerie, and a bit creepy.

"So, you are her," she says in a low voice, almost like she was speaking to herself, but Jade was able to hear her perfectly in the silent hallway.