twenty seven

Jade stood shocked as she was still taking in what just happened moments before. Earlier she was pressed against a very naked Adryan and now she stood in an awkward position in front of him, basically shielding his naked body from Adeena who stood at the door of her room with a questioning look plastered onto her face.

"We were just talking" Adryan immediately blurts out.

Jade wanted to face palm herself at his excuse, he could have at least said something more believable.

Adeena looks at Adryan sceptically, "So you were talking to her while being completely naked?" she tilts her head to the side in question.

Adryan's lips parted as he realized how stupid his excuse sounded. Even though Jade stood in front of him, it didn't completely shield his body from being exposed to Adeena. She could make out his muscles as he tried hiding himself behind Jade, who was too small for him to completely cover himself.

Adeena felt herself flush as she took in Adryan's exposed body. His well-formed chiselled body was like a dream, it had been ages since she had seen him like this. Adryan and Adeena met when they were eleven, Adryan was a quiet child and never associated with other kids his age in the pack, somehow Adeena managed to break down his barriers and befriend him, She stood with him during the toughest time of his life, Adryan was always protective over her, but not the way she wanted him to be. Adryan just considered her as his friend, his best friend. Adeena had a crush on him from a young age but never had the confidence to confess it to him for fear of it ruining their friendship, she had hoped that they would be mates, but that wish soon crumbled into pieces when both of them turned eighteen and shifted for the first time, both of their wolves not detecting each other as their mate.

She still hoped for some miracle but that never happened when she found her mate in the form of a pack warrior from a pack situated in Canada. She left when she was twenty and hadn't seen Adryan for the duration of time that she was in Canada. Fast forwards six years later, one tragic incident made her find her way back home.

Jealousy spread throughout Adeena's system like a creeper climbing the wall, she had hoped to win Adryan back but now she had realized that it wouldn't be so easy when there was a literal barrier standing between them. Her brown eyes switched to Jade's green doe-like eyes with hidden hatred.

"He shifted here and then you came in," Jade says.

"Yes you came in. Is there any reason why you rudely barged into her room?" Adryan questions Adeena, from behind Jade. She didn't like the way he asked her the question, it made her feel like the odd one out in the room.

Adeena's eyebrows furrow in thought.

"Blaine wanted you to meet with him in the clinic as soon as possible." She tells him the real reason behind her sudden entry.

"Why? Couldn't it wait?" Adryan asks her with slight annoyance coating his words, Adeena barging in unannounced had ruined the moment for him, he was about to kiss Jade but it seemed like luck wasn't on his side when he heard Adeena's next words.

"He said it was urgent. He found something interesting while testing the blood samples of the dead rogues."

"Fuck" Adryan curses under his breath harshly, causing Jade to wince at his words.

"Turn Around," He says, confusing Adeena and Jade. Jade starts to turn around but Adryan stops her by placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Not you. I meant Adeena"

"Why?" Adeena asks confused.

"Well for one, I'm naked and two, I don't want anyone other than my mate seeing me naked." His words were directed at Adeena but he was looking at Jade while he said it, Adeena obviously noticed his stare, causing her teeth to clench in silent anger.