thirteen

I know I said that I wouldn't update, but I had this written earlier so thought I might just post it. It's not proof read so expect grammatical errors.

1 week later

It had been a week since she left, and to say that he had been a wreck would be an understatement. He had been searching for her the past week like a thirsty man in search of water in the desert. His pack members have been relentlessly searching for her, day and night.

But it was the same thing every time they came back from the search. With their head hung low, they would utter the words that made him and his wolf go crazy.

"I'm sorry, Alpha, we couldn't find her."

Those words were enough for his control to snap, like how a thin thread snaps into two.

He has been spiraling down, his wolf constantly reminding him of her, and whining and whimpering inside his head didn't help either.

1 month later

The moonlight streamed through the open window of his room, the rattling of chains against each other could be heard.

He wasn't worried about the fact that anyone of his pack members would hear the rattling noises and try to come up and check, for this whole floor was out of limits unless you had Alpha's permission and the rooms were sound proof.

He could feel his control slipping. This was something no one knew about, something he made sure was kept hidden, well only two people knew about this. His beta and the beta female.

He trusted them enough to know that this piece of information would get out to the pack members.

He didn't want his pack members to know that their Alpha had trouble controlling his wolf. Alpha's were said to be powerful, especially because they had a good control of their wolf side more than a normal wolf. But in Adryan's case, it was different.

Every full moon, which meant once every month since the day he turned sixteen and experienced his first shift, he had been doing this. Ten years of absolute torture and pain.

Every full moon night, he chained himself to these chains. He did it to take his wolf, but as the years passed, he found it more difficult to reign in his wolf. Vince, his wolf, was different compared to other wolves. Adryan did feel it too.

His wolf was too powerful, he could find any possible explanations for this situation.

Thick chains bound him from escaping and possible harming any lingering pack members.

Silver was harmful for wolves, it burned their skin. Adryan had resorted to using silver laced chains to help him stay in his human form. He feared that if he escaped, he would do something like he did last time he escaped.

"All done man" Brian's voice snaps him out of his reverie.

Adryan nods his head. Tugging at the chains to check whether they would hold him down, when he is sure it wouldn't, he turns towards Brian.

"Thankyou"

"Don't mention it, I will come by tomorrow morning to check on you." with that said, Brian leaves.

Brian had been the one helping him for the past few years.

He stared outside the window, he watched as the midnight rolled in. The moon was high up in the sky.

He could feel the familiar feeling rising inside him.

It was little things at first.

His gums would ache, and slowly his sharp canines would start showing. Just like now.

He was only wearing a pair of sweatpants, leaving his upper body bare of any clothing. The amount of clothes he had ripped apart or shredded was uncountable at this point.

He could feel his claws extend. The razor sharp edges of them digging into his skin as he fisted his hands.

He was panting at this point, and sweating bullets. Werewolves were warm-blooded animals, and to top it all the shift bought an onslaught of heat to travel through his body.

He could hear the rattling of the chains in the background, but that wasn't his focus at the moment. He was trying to control his breathing as he tried resisting the shift. No one in the pack had seen his wolf, only a lucky few ones had gotten to see it.

The scent of blood attacked his senses, his claws dug more into the flesh of his palms.

His eyes flashing between that of his wolves and his humans, this was the last part where he struggled the most. Once his eyes changed to his wolves, he couldn't gain back control.

This time, though, he felt different. Something had changed within him. His whole body shook with the effort. He felt a different sensation travel through him, it was as if his senses had heightened, he could smell better, hear and even see better. And he was supposed to be a wolf, he didn't know how it could get better than that.

He could scent the lingering scent of rain and wet grass, as it had rained earlier that day.

His knees shook as he was kneeled on the ground with the chains holding both his hand to the wall.

Suddenly, he heard a snapping noise. Looking towards his right hand that was chained, he saw that he had managed to rip one side of the chain into two.

Fuck, he thought.

That hasn't happened for a few years. These chains were of top quality induced with silver in them, it was used for torture mainly.

His eyes switching back and forth, now his wolf was trying really hard to come out. Blood dripping down his arms and dripping onto the floor, his canines flashing.

He could feel his human side slipping, it was just a matter of time before his control snapped.

Grunts and growls leaving his mouth, and be tried hard to reign in himself.

Just when he was about to lose it, everything stopped. With his eyes closed and ragged breathing, there was only one thing that could stop himself, her.

A pair of emerald colored eyes flashing behind his eyelid, causing a tiny smile to graze his lips. With that, he felt himself getting knocked out.

He woke up the next morning on the cold floor of his bedroom. Sunlight streaking through the open window. He got up, removing the left side of the chains with his right hand that was free, since he snapped the chains last night.

Sighing, he stood up.

Going into the washroom, he opens up the tap. Splashing the cold water onto his face to wash away the exertion.

When he looked up into the mirror above the sink, he felt shock entering his features.

His eyes.

They weren't its normal color now, but that of his wolves. But, that wasn't what shocked him. It was the color of them.

It was a glowing blue, usually.

But now, now it was a red in color.

A terrifying blood-red in color.

▪▪▪

Any guesses on what he is now?!