thirty six

Jade woke up feeling strange, she didn't know why but something was drawing her towards the outside that particular day. So she didn't find it surprising when after finishing her chores for the morning and leaving Adonis at the daycare centre, she ventured out on her own to explore the pack territory, but she didn't know where she was going, it felt as if her legs had a mind of their own as they carried her past the packhouse, which was alive during that time of the day.

She could see men leaving for the border patrol, mothers fussed after their energetic toddlers, teenagers leaving for school, and some of the pack members even called out to greet her, to which she greeted back with a smile on her face.

It was a chilly kind of day, the wind kissed her bare arms, making her hair fly softly in the wind. She walked past houses that belonged to the pack members, not everyone in the pack stayed in the packhouse, some liked their privacy and decided to move into a house after finding their mates and starting a family of their own.

As she continued walking, she came across the training grounds, where the morning training session for the pack warriors was still going on in full swing.

Some of them were fighting in their wolf form, while others were in their human form doing combat, most of the men were shirtless with sweat dripping down their bodies while the females were in their sports bras and shorts. Some wolves had stopped training, acknowledging their Luna's presence by bowing their head in respect which made Jade turn red with the attention, even though she wasn't officially declared one, almost everyone in the pack seemed to know who she was to their Alpha.

She didn't notice when she had stopped walking, but her green eyes seemed to roam around the large open area, looking for something or someone in particular.

It seemed like she didn't have to look for long as the person she was unconsciously searching for, stood at the front training with his beta, and he was shirtless with a light sheen of sweat coating his muscular body, and sweatpants hanging dangerously low on his hips showing off his impressive v-line.

Lastly, when her eyes moved up towards his face, her own eyes widened a bit in surprise to find his ocean blue eyes already staring back at her with amusement glinting in them. Jade's cheeks reddened in embarrassment knowing that he had caught her ogling him shirtless. She ducked her head with her long hair curtaining her face in hopes that he wouldn't be able to see her embarrassment at getting caught.

Jade realized that it would be better to continue on her journey to the unknown place and continued walking, she was almost out of the place when she felt his presence behind her before he even chose to speak up.

"Where are you going?" his deep voice sounded from behind her, causing her to stop in her tracks and turn around to face him. The scent of vanilla hit her in the face like a ton of bricks which she unconsciously seemed to inhale greedily.

The other thing that distracted her was his shirtless upper half, she had a tough time not glancing at his eight pack that was glistening with sweat or the light peppering of hair that disappeared inside his pants. With great difficulty on her part, she met his eyes which still seemed amused at her actions.

"I just wanted to check out the clearing" the lie just tumbles out, it startles her for a moment how easily she lied to him when usually she had a bad time lying to Adryan.

Adryan looks into her eyes, moving back and forth, and when he comes to the conclusion that she isn't lying he replies while nodding his head.

When Jade turns to continue on her journey, a firm grip on her arms stops her, tingles crackling between them like fireworks in the sky, "Okay, but stay alert we have had more rogue sightings this past month than ever."