thirty one

Jade stares in awe at the rows and rows of shelves stacked with books in a chronological order, she was surrounded by books which made her feel giddy. One of the things she enjoyed doing after gaining her eyesight was reading. So she was awestruck the moment she entered the massive library and found a collection of numerous books.

"Wow" her eyes still glued onto the books in awe, she hears someone chuckle from beside her, causing her to turn and spot a very amused Joan.

"Sorry," she says with embarrassment, she had completely forgotten about Joan's existence for quite a while there.

"It's okay, dear, you don't have to be sorry about anything. It's refreshing to see that you share the same love for books, just like Adryan." her last sentence manages to catch Jade's attention immediately.

"You mean he loves reading?" Jade asks with curiosity.

"Of course!" Joan exclaims, and with a tiny smirk stretching her lips she continues, "Who do you think this library belongs to?" Jade looks at the library with a dumbstruck look.

"This-this library belongs to him?" Jade asks with shock.

"Yes. In fact, all the books were collected by him after all, this is his personal library. There is another library for the pack members to use." Joan says looking around the library as well.

"Wait," Jade says after taking in the information, "Are we even allowed to be here?" she turns to stare at Joan, who immediately turns her face away, but Jade was quick to notice her guilty emotion before she turned.

"Joan?" she calls, "We aren't allowed in here, are we?" Jade asks knowingly.

"No" she replies, turning back to face Jade. "But I'm sure Adryan wouldn't mind us being here."

"Why wouldn't he?" Jade asks, now walking through an aisle, running her fingers through the spines of different books. Letting her feel the hard leather. It might have cost him a lot.

"Well, since you're his mate, I'm sure he wouldn't mind. After all, mates are supposed to share things, so technically speaking, this is also your library." Joan argues.

"Sure" Jade rolls her eyes playfully, her fingers stop when she spots a particular book, taking it out from between the books, she looks at its cover. The cover held the image of a full moon, with a huge figure, what appeared like a Lycan with its head raised upwards in a howl. It was a book on Lycanthropy, covering almost all topics related to Lycans, their origin, purpose, and mates, everything was shown in the content section. Jade decided to take the book.

"Ahh," a voice drawls from behind her, causing her to snap the book shut, "No need to hide, I already saw it," Joan says, now moving along in another direction, searching for something.

"You didn't tell me about your vision," Jade says, suddenly remembering about the reason behind Joan bringing Jade with her to the library in the first place.

"I can't" she replies, still scouring through a particular shelf.

"What? Why not?" Jade now walks to where Joan stood, Jade was able to see the wooden plaque above the shelf stating the genre of books 'Werewolf History & Ancestry'.

"Aren't seers supposed to be educated about werewolf history?" Jade questions, Jade knew a bit about the seers since her mother had made it sure to teach her ever since they'd found out that she was a hybrid. Sadly, Jade's Grandma passed away when she was six, so she doesn't remember her clearly, her memories were hazy. She remembered her warm smile, and emerald green eyes full of life, which Jade had inherited. According to her parents, her grandma was a witch and was mated to an Alpha, which was unusual, Her mom was their only child, sadly she passed up on the witch genes from her mom's side, but it came across as a surprise to her parents when they found out Jade had managed to acquire it, thus leading her to be the first hybrid in quite a few centuries.