nineteen

(Author's Note : Writers block is a bitch. Sometimes I regret writing a book without a plan, and proper execution. I want to finish this book within December so that I could take some time off to properly write the sequel. I hope you guys understand.)

▪️

It's been three hours since they'd been travelling in the car, it wouldn't be long before they reached The Blood Moon Pack house.

Jade had dozed off in the backseat while Adryan kept his attention around the surrounding occasionally turning back to look at her sleeping figure. He felt like a creeper, but he couldn't contain himself since it had been three years since he had seen her, or felt the mate bond so strongly.

The sudden emotions that stirred inside him were overwhelming all of a sudden.

As he looked in the mirror for the hundredth time, he found his eyes move to the tiny figure buckled into the car seat, and to his surprise the person looked right back at him, his blue green eyes staring back at him curiously.

It seemed like his breath had gotten caught in his throat, for he couldn't move his eyes away from his son, who looked back at him.

His eyes were a perfect mixture of blue and green, just like Adryans and Jades.

Adonis looks away, turning his head to the side, only to be met with the sight of Jade sleeping peacefully next to him, leaned on the car window.

It wasn't long before the rocky path they had been travelling on cleared, paving way to a new road, which was more smooth to travel on. The car drives past the pack house, taking another route. It was still dark outside and not many were outside besides the ones that were in charge of guarding the pack borders during the night.

The car finally comes to a stop in front of a modern two story house.

Adryan opens his car door, stepping outside he looks at his surroundings, finally glad to be back home and also in bringing back Jade home successfully, who was still sleeping in the backseat.

He opens the back door of the car, careful to catch Jade when her leaning body was about to fall when he opened the door. It was a surprise how she still hasn't woken up from her slumber.

Adonis stares at Adryan all the while, but doesn't make a noise of any sort.

Adryan takes Jade into his arms, wrapping his arms under her knees, carrying her bridal style. The other two cars reached the pack house right after Adryans car did, they started piling out of the car themselves, helping in carrying the belongings of Jade and Adonis.

Just when he was about to walk past the thresh hold of the house, he feels Jade stirring awake in his arms, followed by her opening her emerald green eyes which stared up at him in confusion. Probably her brain taking a few minutes to recollect the memories of the past five or more hours.

"Adryan?" she asks aloud, with her eyebrows still scrunched in confusion. She felt hazy but confused, was she dreaming about him? Her hands extend on their own accord, coming to touch his face, when she felt the slight roughness of the five o'clock shadow forming on his chin, she retracts her hands back in shock Then her eyes suddenly widen with realization as the memories hit her all at once. Her putting Adonis to sleep, the door bell, seeing Adryan for the first time, him giving her an ultimatum and her agreeing to go with him willingly.

Suddenly she starts panicking, when she couldn't find any traces of her son, Adonis was nowhere to be seen. Then she realizes the position she was in, with Adryan carrying her in his arms bridal style.

"Put me down Adryan" she says, looking at him. He had kept quiet throughout her mini freak out, he didn't want to ruin the moment, cherishing the feeling of her in his arms. She felt so tiny in his arms, and the way she snuggled into his chest since it was almost December, meaning that it was cold outside even though winter was around the corner.

He doesn't reply nor does he comply to her request, which infuriates her further.

"Put me down Adryan, NOW!!" she whispers yells the last words, all the haziness from her short lived sleep was gone now. Deciding on not wanting to anger her further, he slowly placed her down on her feet.

When she's back on her feet, she doesn't look around her surroundings but turns to face Adryan, "Where is Adonis?" she asks him.

Adryans eyes shift towards outside, where the cars were parked with its back door opened. Jade follows his eyes, realizing that her son was still in the car, not waiting for any further instructions, she walks towards the car herself.

A smile finds itself onto her face when she finds Adonis awake, looking at his surrounding curiously and at the wolves that were walking back and forth with their belongings.

"Hi" she whispers, careful not to startle him, Adonis' face snaps towards Jades when he hears her voice, his face lighting up at her appearance.

"Up" is all he manages to say, lifting up his arms in the air indicating that he wants to be picked up by her. She complies to his request, by unbuckling him from his car seat and finally lifting him into her arms, she feels relief course through her at the familiar feeling of him in her arms.

"Come on" she says, placing a kiss on his chubby cheeks, causing him to nuzzle his face into her neck in a comfortable position.

She walks back into the house, finding Adryan standing right where she had left him, he had watched them interact with each other.

"So..." she speaks, catching Adryans attention, who was busy looking at Adonis' tiny frame in her arms. "Where are we going to stay?".

He looks back at her a few seconds and then decides to speak up, "I'll show you". With that being said he walks further into the house, walking up a couple of stairs leading to the first floor, which showed off a long hallway, It was dark, but her enhanced wolf sight helped her from not tripping and knocking into any thing. She could tell that the place was completely wood furnished.

He stops when he reaches a black door, opening it he walks inside, as soon as Jade walks in she could tell that it was his room, for his vanilla scent lingered around the room. She stops near the room as soon as she scented it.

Not hearing her light footsteps behind him, he turns to find her standing near the door to his room.

"What is it?" He asks, confused by her actions.

She looks at him like he had just said a joke to her.

"When I said to show me where I was staying, I wasn't expecting it to be your room. I meant a guest room." She says as a matter of fact.

Her words make him tense, there was no way in hell he was letting her be out of his sight.

"I'm not letting you out of my sight, and him too" he says while staring back at her, his eyes moving towards Adonis' head that rested on her shoulder.

"Look, If you think that I'm going to run away again, I won't." she rubs her free hand under her eyes tiredly while the other was placed on Adonis' back "I'm exhausted and nor do I have the energy to argue with you at five o'clock in the morning. We can talk about whatever you want later in the day. You can even increase the security around the house for your own reassurance." She rants all in one go, she was exhausted, and she didn't want to argue with Adryan on which room she'd stay when she was ready to drop and sleep somewhere.

He thinks about her words for some moments. Things with them were fragile, and one of the things Adryan feared was driving her over the edge with his demands and possessiveness. He couldn't help it, it was like a build in mechanism.

"Fine, but you both are staying in the room next to mine." He states with finality in his voice.

"Okay" she complies, knowing this was his way of letting it go.