twenty two

Adryan had been meaning to talk with Jade, but it seemed like whenever he tried talking to her something or the other just seemed to pop up out of nowhere. Currently, he had been working in the office he had built in his house when suddenly the door bursts open.

Now, Adryan usually hated when people did that, disturbing him by rudely barging through the door, and he would've snapped at them, he didn't already know who the culprit was.

"Adryan, you won't believe what I'm about to tell you!!! Oh god, I can't believe this myself." Violet says as soon she barges open the door.

"Violet" Adryan sighs, tiredly rubbing his forehead after witnessing Violet's yet another dramatic entry, she loved to annoy him, she also knew how much Adryan hated people barging in and interrupting his Alpha duty, so she had taken it upon herself to annoy him as much as she could. She was lucky that she was his close friend, and his best friend/beta's mate, making her the beta female.

"What is it?" Adryan asks her, hearing this, Violet straightens up, turning serious.

"Do you remember how you turned into you know what..." Adryan and Violet share a knowing look, "It happened a month after Jade left the pack." Adryan nods his head in acknowledgement, "Guess when Jade regained her eyesight?" Violet asks him.

"When?" and suddenly Adryan's eyes widen in shock and surprise.

"Yes, my friend," Violet says as if she had just found out the hidden treasure.

"A month after she left. Not only that, but she also managed to dream, which included the Moon Goddess. The Moon Goddess, Adryan." Violet emphasizes for a second time, "And we all know that Moon Goddess doesn't just appear in anyone's dream like that, there is definitely something happening, there is definitely a reason for her appearance."

"It's been three years Violet and nothing has happened" as much as Adryan wanted to believe Violet's words, he couldn't come to the conclusion of why.

"Doesn't mean it's not going to happen, her appearing three years ago didn't mean that something should've happened three years ago, maybe it's like a forewarning for something that might take place in the future."

"You know what I think?!" Violet asks, her mind still coming to terms with her absurd but maybe possible theory.

"What?" Adryan asks curiously, Violet was a really smart person, she helped Adryan with pack office works for years, and she had a keen eye for things.

"I think all this" Violet does a circular motion with her hands to indicate 'all', "you transforming, and Jade gaining her eyesight isn't just a coincidence, it all happened after you guys mated. I think maybe you know you guys share a stronger and strange bond than normal mates do" Violet concludes.

"I'm with you on the part about where the mating has to do with our sudden transformations, but the part where I and Jade share a more special and stronger bond than normal bonds is getting a bit too far ahead of ourselves." Adryan shakes his head as soon as he sees Violet about to butt in, "I haven't even talked to her after bringing her back, either I chicken out or something just pops up, after the hell I put her through three years ago, I don't think that she's going to give me a second chance at us." Adryan opens up, there was always something calm about Violet, which just made him tell her things he would otherwise never dare to tell a soul.

"You wouldn't know unless you try," Violet says as she sits in front of him. "You have to open up the way you open up to me. Tell her about things, about how you feel."

"How do I feel?" Adryan asks Violet with confusion.

"Oh boy, don't try to act stupid with me" Violet makes a face at him, "You think I don't see the way you stare at her when she's not looking?! You're like a lovesick puppy." Adryan throws daggers with his eyes at her, which Violets seemed to notice. "Geez. Sorry. I meant wolf." Violet rolls her eyes.