five

"There you go" Violet finally speaks up

"There you go" Violet finally speaks up. Jade had asked for Violet's help for getting ready for her date with Nate, since Jade never had to get ready for an occasion like this before in her life.

Violet was hesitant and worried at first to help Jade, she didn't know what her Alpha would do when he came to know about his mate going out on a date with another man. Surely, he'll be livid. No one wanted to see Adryan angry, he was a whole different person when his wolf took control. Their pack hadn't been labeled the strongest pack in the world without a reason.

Violet had picked out a maroon colored wrap dress for Jade. She didn't want to go overboard and dress Jade in something she wasn't comfortable wearing. She brushed Jades long strawberry blonde hair, leaving it open. Furthermore, she had painted Jade's lip a light pink with a bit of mascara, and she was done. Jade was a natural beauty, so she didn't need to cake her face.

"How do I look?" Jade asks Violet nervously, her nerves getting the best of her at the last moment.

"Oh hush, you look beautiful just like you do every single day" Violet's words helped ease her nerves, she felt reassured.

A slight knock reverberates around the room, catching both of their attention.

"Seems like your prince charming is here." Violet speaks up with a teasing smile, which cause a slight blush to appear on Jade's cheeks.

Violet opens the door to reveal Nate, who kept shifting his weight from one leg to another in nervousness. He'd been really looking forward towards this date. He had a bouquet of white lilies in his hands.

Jade comes to stand beside Violet causing Nate's eyes to widen as he took her in

Jade comes to stand beside Violet causing Nate's eyes to widen as he took her in. She looked beautiful with her hair down and in a dress, with her makeup done naturally.

Bringing the bouquet of lilies forward, he places them in her hands. Jade was shocked at first feeling something being handed to her, feeling her hands around the thing she realizes that it was just a bouquet of flower. Her heart warms at Nate's sweet gesture.

"Thank you" she thanks him, tucking a loose strand behind her ear. He smiles back at her.

"No worries, shall we?" his voice seemed to be more relaxed.

"Wait, I'll put the flowers in a vase for you and keep it in your room. If that's okay with you, Jade? Violet suddenly questions Jade, causing her to nod her head and thank Violet.

Nate wraps a hand around Jades shoulder causing her to stiffen for a second and relax after a few moments, Jade wasn't used to physical affection much which made her apprehensive of them.

He guides Jade till they exited the pack house, even though Jade knew her way around, he wanted to be sure that she didn't get hurt on his watch. Something about Jade drew him towards her.

He couldn't help his emotions, no matter how many times he told himself that she wasn't his mate and that one day he was going to find her, but he didn't want to think about that now. He'd been searching for his mate for the past three years, only to come up empty-handed making his hope to deflate as the years passed by.

Furthermore, he guides Jade into his car that was parked outside the pack house. Opening the doors for her, he makes sure that she doesn't bump her head anywhere and seats her in the passenger seat, closing the door after rechecking if she was seated comfortably. She thanks him for helping her.

Getting into the driver's seat himself, he starts the car, driving towards the destination he had picked up for their date.

"Are you excited?" He asks Jade as he drives.

"Yes" Jade replies shyly.

"Good, because I'm too" he replies, grinning at her sideways while keeping his eyes on the road.

"Where are we going?" Jade suddenly questions him, realizing that she didn't know where they were going.

"We are going to a small, cozy diner named Russo's, owned by one of the pack members. Is that okay with you?" He asks her, occasionally glancing at her.

"Perfect" she replies back with a small smile.

They sat in a comfortable silence after that, just enjoying the quietness of the night.

Upon arriving at the diner, Nate had opened Jade's side of the door and guided her inside Russo's like the true gentleman he was.

He had guided her towards one of the tables at the corner of the diner, near the windows. Helping her into her seat and finally seating himself directly across from her.

"Hi, I'm Roxi. I'll be your waitress for the evening." A raven haired girl, with brown eyes, approaches their table, introducing herself as their waitress for the night.

Both Jade and Nate had both settled on a classic cheese burger and diet coke for their meal.

Jade was enjoying herself, Nate had been a gentleman throughout the date. He made her laugh with his silly and goofy jokes. He'd never failed to compliment her throughout the date. Honestly speaking, she couldn't remember the last time she'd laughed and enjoyed herself like she was doing at the moment.

Adryan could feel himself get more angrier by the minute, he couldn't get the thought of her going out on a date with another male out of his mind. His wolf didn't help the situation at all. He could feel his eyes switching colors between his wolves and his whiskey colored ones as he fought for dominance.

He was feeling extra fidgety as he continued pacing his room waiting for her to come back from her so-called date, so he could show her who she actually belonged to. His fists kept clenching and unclenching in anger.

Adryan's wolf has always been different than most wolves. He was extremely dominant and Vince wasn't one up for sharing, especially his beloved mate.

Feeling more agitated, he decides to go out for a run to blow out some steam before he approached her, he didn't want to scare her more than she was already of him.

Vince felt himself at ease as he ran through the dark forest. Dodging the fallen trees and rocks as he ran. The cold air whipping his midnight black fur around. He could feel himself relax. This was something he was familiar with. The rush he got while running in his wolf form. He pushes himself to run faster, the muscles on his limbs flexing in tension as he ran.

Finally arriving at his spot, which was just a cliff at the edge of the forest leading to the water body below it, spread vast.

Puffs of air releasing out of his snout as he exhaled and inhaled the cold air. His huge wolf forms stood on top of the cliff, looking out at the night sky as the stars twinkled and winked at him.

▪▪▪

Don't be a silent reader, Comment and Vote ;)

-n