forty two

Meanwhile at the werewolf committee

Adryan felt like he was at his wit's end. It's been four weeks since he left his pack. Four weeks since he saw his mate and son. The most he had gone without seeing them was just a few hours so at most, he was getting restless and the issue regarding the pack of rogues wasn't solved yet. They couldn't track down the exact location where they might be staying at. It seemed to them like they were in hiding since it's been a few months since the last time they struck, and it's been silent on their part ever since.

Alpha Lycus Angelo of the Lupine Night Crawlers pack and Alpha Leander Moss of the Onyx Ridge pack weren't any better. During his one month away, he learned a piece of shocking news. All this time Adryan had thought he was the only Lycan, but boy was he wrong.

Turns out Alpha Lycus and Alpha Leander were both pure-blooded Lycan like him, and much older than him, which means they've lived for hundreds of years but none of them looked a day over twenty-five. Adryan was in a way relieved to find out this piece of information. It felt like now the existence of Lycans wasn't his alone burden to bear, he had these two now, who he had a good friendship with for quite a few years now.

A knock on the door of the room where the meeting was being held brings back Adryan out of his reverie, he lifts his head as one of the guards enters the room upon allowed entrance. The guard looked a bit fidgety under all the sudden attention of everyone in the room shifting towards him.

The guard bows his head in respect towards the two werewolf council members Elder Ethan and Elder Matilda, and towards the three Alpha's present.

"What is it, Shane?" Elder Matilda questions the guard.

"Elder, we have received urgent news from The Blood Moon Pack delta." upon hearing this, Adryan's ears perk up. Now everyone in the room becomes curious, Elder Matilda motions for Shane to continue speaking.

"It was reported that the Luna of the Blood Moon Pack had been missing for the past sixteen hours, they tried looking for her everywhere in and around the pack house, but they came up empty. She was gone." hearing this everyone in the room goes silent, their attention turning towards Adryan, who had remained frozen in his seat like he was a block of ice.

Adryan felt cold all of a sudden, it felt like his brain had stopped comprehending anything around him for a few minutes, as the only thing he could think about at that moment was about his mate. It wasn't until the scent of blood filled the room that Adryan noticed that he had been digging his nails into his palm which were fisted.

Standing up abruptly from his seat, he looks towards other people present in the room. The elder's eyes widen when his blood-red eyes meet theirs, it was truly a terrifying sight to experience. The Alpha's present in the room understood Adryan's turmoil.

"Elder's I apologize, I will have to cut short this meeting. I would be leaving immediately for my pack. Hope you forgive me for this inconvenience." Adryan said, the elders just nodded their heads, understanding the situation at hand. Bowing his head once, he leaves the room without another word.

 Bowing his head once, he leaves the room without another word