thirty

(A/N: I said I wouldn't update until march. Well, I lied. Also, Happy Valentine's day to everyone💝)

▪️

"We found a dead body outside the pack territory" Brian's words make a muscle to tick on Adryan's jaw, Jade gasps lightly as she hears this.

"Which part?" Adryan asks.

"South-east part Alpha" Brian immediately replies. Adryan clenches his fist in anger. That was closest to where the elders of the pack lived, what would've happened if some rogue had attacked them? Those were people who stood beside him even when he thought he wasn't capable of being an Alpha at sixteen. Being a Lycan meant that the emotions he felt increased by ten folds and Jade could immediately feel his anger rolling off of him in waves, it would make any normal wolf back away from him, but she stood her ground.

"Let's go" Brian walks out of the house at Adryan's command. Adryan turns to face Jade.

"Stay here, lock the door after I leave." his voice filled with tension.

Jade was about to argue with him to let her come with him, but his words stop her.

"I mean it, Jade. Don't leave the house," he says again, knowing that she had a habit of disobeying him, just like the last time she did when the rogue attack happened during the initiation.

Jade sighs, "Okay" she looks up at him, who looks back at her, calculating if she'd listen to him this time, finally finding some sort of validation Adryan starts to head over to the scene.

"Be careful" Jade says just before he crossed the threshold, her words make him halt in his footsteps indicating that he heard her softly spoken words and continues on his way after a few moments.

-

Dry leaves crunch under his shoes as Adryan walked towards where the patrol guards found the dead body, he didn't need Brian showing him where it was exactly since as soon as he travelled more towards the southern part of his pack ground, the smell of death hit him instantly.

The first thing Adryan noticed was how some of the wolves were circled around the dead body like a bunch of hyenas waiting to tear through its meal.

"What is happening over here?" his sharp voice made the wolves jump back in shock, upon seeing him they bow their heads in respect.

"I asked you all a question" Adryan's gaze didn't waver a bit, causing the wolves to shift their weight from one leg to another with nervousness. No one answered him for a few moments until one of them got the courage to speak up.

"Uh- We were just checking for the injuries on the body, Alpha" the guard stutters at first with nervousness.

"Are you guys the pack doctor?" Adryan asks with a clenched jaw.

"No- no Alpha." the same guard replies.

"I need most of you to guard the borders of the pack, and the remaining to run patrol inside the pack territory. Station two outside my house, six outside the pack house. If I find any of you slacking and gossiping around, the punishment would be severe. Understood?" he asks.

"Is that understood?" he yells harshly.

"Ye-s Alpha" all of the reply.

"Now leave" that was all it took for the wolves to scramble away.

Adryan was angry with how his guards have been slacking in carrying out their duties, of all years Adryan has been an Alpha, there hadn't been much of a rogue attack going to the extent where they ventured further into the pack territory, some managed to travel pass the border, but they were immediately killed off by Adryan himself, Brian or a patrol guard. Blaine's discovery last week didn't help either, it only added to Adryan's stress and fear. He was clueless for the first time in a while, there had been things of his past, he had hoped would never repeat, yet these instances were pointing towards one single direction. If vampires were behind these attacks, it only meant one thing. He was back for revenge. Darius was back.