She had been surfing through the books when she heard hush whispers from the farthest corner of the library. No one really visited the library much aside from her, Joan and a few high school students. Wanting to check what it was herself, she slowly moves towards the direction from where the whispers came.

Hiding her scent, she made sure not to make any noise and be light on her feet. Stopping, to a certain spot so that she was sure that she wasn't too close for the person to detect her nor too far for her to not hear what they were speaking about. Straining her ears, she tries to listen in on the conversation. It was clearly a female's voice, it seemed like the person was talking on the phone, and they were speaking too lowly, which made it slightly difficult even for Jade, even with her enhanced hearing. She only managed to catch broken sentences from the conversation.

"My patience is at its maximum end, ... something or I will...won't like it I do something. ....wouldn't like it when I do,..... been holding back because of you. It's been...long since I've been waiting." The person said.

"...." The person on the other end replied, but Jade couldn't make out their words, because they were speaking too lowly for her to comprehend from this distance.

"How dare-" before the person could finish their sentence, the person on the other end had hung up already, making the person angry and curse out.

As she hears the approaching footsteps, Jade instantly grabs a random book, opening it up to some page, making herself seem like she was engulfed in her reading and was not eavesdropping on the conversation the person they just had. The footsteps stop when they reach where she stood, and a voice breaks the silence.

"Jade?" They call out in question. Jade lifts her face, her eyes meeting Adeena's brown ones. Somehow Jade wasn't shocked to discover that the person she was eavesdropping on was Adeena.

"Hey," Jade says in reply, acting surprised to see her. "What are you doing here?" Jade asks feigning curiosity.

Adeena stares at her in slight shock and suspicion. Possibly wondering if Jade heard any part of her conversation, finally deciding that Jade hadn't, a fake smile takes up her face.

"I was just here checking for some books related to a medical case we've had in the pack infirmary."  The lies comes out almost quickly, if she hadn't caught Adeena's suspicious behaviour earlier she would've bought the lie and wouldn't have thought twice about it.

"What were you doing here?" Adeena asks her the same question. In reply, Jade just shows her the book about mythical creatures she was surfing through, at which Adeena just nods her head.

"Well, I have to get going. See you later" Adeena says.

"See you later" Jade replies

***

Someone shakes her shoulders gently, as if trying to bring her back to the present, startled she turns to find Arther's smiling face in front of her.

"Hello? Earth to Jade!" He waves his hand in front of her, which she swats away playfully which causes Arther to let out a chuckle. Jade and Arther grew up together in their pack, being around the same age it was common for them to play during their childhood. She had a platonic relationship with him but they were close nonetheless. It went as far as her father proposing Arther to be Jade's mate since everyone feared that Jade would be rejected by her mate due to her being blind.