Chapter 20: Falling For You

[Author's note: A bit more smut in this chapter. Hope you enjoy! :)]

I jumped out of bed as fast as I could and dashed to the bathroom, desperate to wash off last night's grime. I turned the temp up high on my shower and stepped in, shampooing my hair and exfoliating my body. I made it quick, the thought of Edward being not too far away at the front of my mind.

I stepped out, dried my hair and brushed my teeth. After, I slipped into some lounge shorts and an oversized GSU t-shirt, spraying some perfume as a finishing touch.

That will do.

I looked at myself in the mirror and took a deep breath.

Just be cool, (Y/N). Everything will be fine.

With that, there was a knock at the door. I made my way to it and checked the peephole. There he stood. I took another deep breath before opening it.

"Edward, Hi! How did you get through the front doors? I didn't buzz you in..." I questioned, a little confused.

He was dressed in his usual blue oversized coat. A pair of brown trousers and a striped jumper underneath. His mouth was slightly agape as he eyed me up and down subtly. He was holding a white plastic bag containing what I assumed to be food. It smelled good.

"Hi. I... um... I'm sorry, it's just that... I remembered the code from the other day". He stuttered as his cheeks turned red.

"Oh right. Anyway, come in come in!" I ushered for him to enter. He obliged.

He entered and placed the bag of food on my kitchen table. I took no time to throw my arms around his neck and pull him in for a hug. He stiffened before melting into me.

Wow, (Y/N). Real cool.

"Thank you... for coming round. Your company is just what I need right now". I spoke softly into his neck before pulling away.

"Anytime... I brought us Chinese food. Hope you like chow mein". He blushed, keeping his head glued on the floor.

"You're kidding right?! I love Chinese food! You sit yourself down at the table and I'll grab us some cutlery, okay?"

He nodded before sliding off his parka, hanging it on my coat rack and taking a seat at the table.

We proceeded to eat in silence for what felt like an eternity. I hummed a couple of times as I shovelled noddles into my mouth, making Edward shuffle in his seat.

"My mom always said that you know the food is good when you sit in silence for this long". I spoke, finally filling the void.

"It is pretty good. I order from here all the time". He responded.

I placed one last fork full into my mouth, letting out a big sigh.

"Think I'm gonna have to retire though. I'm stuffed". I stood up from my chair, placing one hand on my back and the other on my stomach, rubbing it theatrically. Edward let out a hearty laugh.

"Let me wash the dishes for you". He stood up shortly after I did, stacking our plates as he did so.

"Hey! Don't be stupid. You bought me dinner, I can't have you cleaning up after me as well". I grabbed the dishes out of his hands and shoved them in the sink.

"Anyway... that's a task for later on". I smiled at him.

We retreated to my couch. Flashbacks from the previous night he was here flooded my brain.

"So... where did you go last night?" Edward angled his body towards me, elbow on the back of the couch, head leaning in his hand. I felt like I was 16 again, being scolded by my parents for breaking curfew.