"private affairs"

Mulai dari awal

I unlocked the door before twisting the knob and opening it. Namjoon stood there with a shit eating grin on his face. Of course he was wearing business casual clothes despite today being a lax day.

"Good morning!" He greeted, dimples popping out from his cheeks. I stepped aside and allowed him space to enter.

"Morning." I greeted. Who knows what he had up his sleeve.

Namjoon enters the room. It was ridiculous how he already wore his high end cologne and dress shoes. But that's what made Namjoon so...Namjoon.

"What's going on?"I  asked, swiftly turning to close the room door before facing Namjoon. The manager sighed and took a seat on one of the couches.

"I talked to Min-Jae..." Namjoon said, leaving his sentence dangling off the edge. I could tell there was more. There was always more.

At the mention of her name, a ball instantly rises in my throat. I feel pressured into discussing her, despite not wanting to. But this was more than likely important, considering the fact that my business with Min-Jae was becoming a part of my daily routine.

"And?" I asked, slowly walking over. My hands on the back of the couch opposite of the one Namjoon occupied. I stared at him with an expression that I couldn't name. Perhaps it was fear? Or maybe I was just really anxious.

"And she told me that she's been trying to get in contact with you. She talked to the divorce lawyer."

"What'd he say?" I raised a brow. Namjoon rolled his eyes.

"I am not going to be the messenger between you two. You need to start answering your phone for Min-Jae."

"I do answer-"

"You don't." Namjoon cut me off. "And you know why? It's not because you're writing, or even drinking. It's because you've been spending nights with some woman and returning back to the suite late."

"Here we go." I mumbled, pulling myself up from leaning on the couch.

I didn't like how he referred to Haven as just "some woman". She wasn't just some woman. She was Haven...my Haven.

"You're right. It's not safe for you. You have a big fanbase here in Manhattan alone. The only woman you should be worried about is Min-Jae —"

"Min-Jae is no longer in my life." I gritted.

"She is until those divorce papers are finalized." Namjoon spat back.

The room is now foggy with a tension. An atmosphere that I didn't want to be apart of, but somehow had helped create.

How dare he? I spent time with Haven for this exact reason. Most of my time was put into her because she didn't do this. She didn't probe. She wasn't overbearing. She just cooked me amazing meals and listened. We got along just fine. I didn't mind dedicating all of  or most of my time into that woman.

"I hope Haven's worth it." Namjoon scoffed, standing up. I face the floor as he walks around me and towards the door. His tone had a bite to it that I couldn't shake off.

"And I told Seokjin I'd get you on board for having drinks. So push your rendezvous to the side tonight, will ya?" Namjoon mumbled.