"nervous"

t w o
Haven Miller

"French toast is a god send." I whispered to myself as I placed the four pieces of perfectly made French toast on the white, square shaped glass plate before me.

It was so simple to make breakfast food. I always struggled with dinner. Not because I made breakfast food better than I made lunch or dinner - but because breakfast food was quicker.

I decorate the French toast with powdered sugar and syrup before placing it out to be picked up and served by the waitress. It was the next day and surprisingly, it was a very very slow morning at the cafe.

DeMarco was sweating bullets though as he worked over the stove frying sunny side up eggs. I giggled as I skim past him, talking his ass but disappearing before he could see that I was the one who had done so.

And that was how my morning was going so far. It was slow enough to where we could get a little off task and playful without losing complete focus of tasks at hand.

I stop and catch a breather but it doesn't last long. Before I know it, another order is being thrown at me.

"What you got for me Flo?" I ask, grabbing the small note of the order scribbled from the cashier.

"Some hot ass guy walked in here for breakfast." I look at the name on the order, reading Kim Namjoon. I nodded and skimmed the order.

"I'm on it. Tell him it's expected to be out in thirty to forty minutes." I say. Our food was fresh and always heated and we didn't just rush food out.

Knowing how good the food tasted, they didn't complain about the wait because they knew it would be worth it in the end.

Luckily I had to stand by Marco as I fixed my order. Now he was the one sparking up conversation.

"Girl I am sweating bullet like I been sleeping in satan's ass crack." Marco sighed, taking off his gloves and tossing them away. When it was time for him to cook again, he would put on a fresh pair.

"Tell me about it? I have an order for western styled omelets and hotcakes." I mumbled. But of course those were simple and straight to the point.

"Oohhh girl, I have some good news for you." Marco said, wiggling his brows as he poked my shoulder.

I looked over at him briefly to imply that I was waiting for him to spill the beans, before going back to my work.

"Mr. Sex god had touched down in the city." He said. And I instantly knew who he was referring to.

I damn near burned my hand when I turned to look at him, my eyes were wide as hell and I'm sure I would've jumped to touch the clouds if I could.

"You're lying." I said. But Marco looked at me with nothing but seriousness.

"Oh my god..." I drifted off. I couldn't believe that I was currently in the same city as Jung Hoseok. I couldn't believe that me and my all time favorite writer were in the same place at the exact same time.

It was a fucking dream for me. I couldn't allow for it to settle right now but it was still something that brought me tons of joy.