"The look that says the other person should give up" she replies
"Your point is?" I ask in a bored tone
"Don't be rude to me,if you're pissed then don't take it out on me. I will not tolerate you because I no longer give you punishments doesn't mean I won't do some harm" she warns
"I'm not sorry but my day has been stressful and the last thing I need is anyone breathing down my neck,it's the school year" I tell her rolling my shoulders and trying to ease the tension in them.

"He wants your happiness,sweetie" she says
"I see everything mom even if you think I don't" I reply
"Everything?" Her eyes bulge out of their sockets in shock
"I see it all,the secret resentment you still harbour towards him" I say
"Don't judge me like you're a saint" she defends
"I see the resentment in your eyes and your silent actions. Whatever is going to happen now, I really don't care and I will take it because I am made of steel, Mum. I repeat again S-T-E-E-L and I don't bend"
"Leave" she screams at me
"Gladly" I say in a sickeningly sweet voice

I go up the stairs and head to my room. Landon is sitting on my couch with Lianna,they look quite normal apart from the looks in their eyes.

"Laila,I heard everything and I know our dad isn't the most caring or selfless person out there but he cares" Landon speaks and I don't think he heard everything because he hasn't addressed the topic of her secret resentment for dad.

"I know, I just don't like control and Dad likes to have everything under control. He even forbade us from dating a few years ago, I can't tell what's going to happen with William if Dad thinks there's something between us, no one should meddle with that right now" I say
"We know you don't think like us, you don't feel and we get that. We aren't all made of steel sis and you have to understand that" Lianna says

Lianna has never spoken to me that way, we talk yeah we're relatively close and all but she has never told me off.
"I know that but if I were her, I wouldn't put up with him, it'd be the other way round"

"Very right and that's why you have to understand her" Lianna tells me
"No one is like you, mind made of steel, heart made of gold. You're quite impenetrable and you don't know it, why and when did you become this person?" Landon asks
"Trust me I know and when the world shows you its true colours, a little part of you flips" I answer
"What do you mean?" Landon asks quietly

"Leave, both of you. I need time alone please, this day has done things to me in more ways than one" I request
Landon leaves without a word but Lianna says a quiet see you later before leaving.

My parents got married and have been married for several years and my dad just seems so selfish but he really isn't. He made her quit her job to take care of Lianna when she was born and she fought him for a long time before he agreed to her setting up her own company and now she's happy but she harbours a deep resentment for him just like she does me and Landon but like Landon said STEEL, I'm the out of control daughter.

He wants control and may he never find it because control is in my hands and no one can have that. I will always have that perfect record,best grades but being daddy's little perfect girl please no. I'm his daughter, I'm the daughter with the title, the accomplishment, the prestige, the power that I don't make use of.

I don't want to be daddy's favorite daughter although maybe I am. He gives me what I want and accords me respect,but he tries to bend me too sometimes and people din't bend me. He would take away my privileges but I'm his first daughter and I have certain rights no one will have and yes he won't do anything to me for certain reasons.

That sounds somehow but it's true and I can live with that for now. Being rich has its perks,you make contacts and you don't necessarily live off your parents money at least when you think like me you won't.

I reach for my phone on the bed and plop down on the bed. I scroll through my social media before a text pops up from William.

Liam<3:Lexie?
Laila: You want something?
Liam<3: Let's go on a date
Laila:Where?
Liam<3: Trust me
Liam<3:Dress casually
Laila: I'll go on the date with you but nothing uncomfortable okay
Liam<3:When are you free?
Laila:Next weekend,I'm not as steely as you think babe, spending the weekend with my sister
Liam<3: Bonding much? See you at school baby
Laila:Keep calling me that and yeah just catching up with her
Liam<3: You like it?
Laila: I love it
Liam<3: Goodnight,Lexie
Laila:Sweet dreams, Willy:)

William never ceases to put the smile on my face, it's like he knew how I was feeling. He's good for me at least now I know I'm not totally cold hearted. Managing to thaw out my heart is unnatural and I hope William knows what he's doing.

The next day at school is exhausting, I'm tired and overly spent. Alyssa sees me and asks what's wrong, I tell her and she comforts me since I've told her all about my dad a long time ago.
"It'll be fine Lai, just believe and if he has any tricks up his sleeve. We will handle it and if necessary I'll get my parents to help you out. We're family babe, family help each other out"
"Thanks and you know I can handle it right"
"I know you can but you're stressed. This attitude, those walls you built so high are taking a toll on you. Listen to your best friend please"
"Fine, only for you" I reply
"You're going soft for me" she laughs
"You joke a lot, I'll see you at lunch" I tell her

I walk away with a small smile on my face, lunch rolls around and I'm sleeping until I feel someone heading in my direction. I see William and beckon him over as he comes towards me, I resist the urge to smile at him.

*******
Hello everyone
This chapter gives you an insight as to how Daniel treats people around him although he doesn't know it, his family thinks of him as selfish but he cares. He's just terrible at showing it by trying to control everything besides we'll see how he reacts and what he'll do if he does something?
Laila believes she could do better and maybe she would yeah?
William gives me the feels *sigh*

I hope you all liked this chapter

Konyin<3