Yume Kobashi - Hall of Mirrors

As I left the discussion room, it was about time to eat dinner.

"Oh hey, it's you! The person Chihiro- AH!" I hear a voice.

"Mako, yelling is rude...Hello, Kiyotaka. Nice to see you again." Chihiro greets me with a smile and a small bow while her friend rubs her foot in pain. Ah, so it was the girl I bumped into during the Island Exam.

"You didn't have to stomp my foot so hard!" She cries.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Chihiro innocently says.

"Likely story...Anyway, why don't you join us for dinner? I got so many things to ask you!" Amikura certainly bounced back up quickly.

"Are you sure that's okay? I don't want to interrupt any plans."

"Ah it's only a get together of friends. We were about to head over to pick up Yume in our room, and maybe Kozue and Sayo if they want to join before heading to the food court." Amikura explains.

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind you joining, Kiyotaka." Chihiro assures.

"Well when you put it that way, I suppose I have no reason to refuse." I say. With that, the three of us walk towards the girls' rooms.

"By the way Amikura, you said you have a lot of questions for me. Why is that?" I ask.

"Huh? Well I don't really know you that much, so I thought this would be a good way for me to get to know you. Besides, I just have to know what kind of person could make Chihiro- AAAH!" Amikura falls over.

"Oh no, it looks like Mako fell down! How could that have happened?"

"...You karate chopped her in the neck, Chihiro..."

-----

"Yume! Ready to go?" Amikura calls out as we enter her shared room.

There's no response.

"Hmm...did she already leave without us?" Amikura scratches her head in confusion.

"I don't think so. I can hear water running." I point out.

"The bathroom door is open though. Maybe she just forgot to turn the tap off before she left?"

"Maybe..." Chihiro and Mako approach the door. It was indeed open, although not fully so we couldn't see inside. Out of respect for Kobashi I decided to stand far away, in case she was in the middle of changing or something.

"Yume? Are you in there?" Chihiro calls out.

Nothing.

"Huh, maybe she really isn't here." Amikura shrugs and moves towards the door. She opens it and-

Hey.

Have you ever been to the Versailles Palace Hall of Mirrors?

In that place, there are 357 of those things that you hate oh so much.

That place isn't the only place containing mirrors though.