Miki Yamamura - Star Gazing

By this point, you should know the drill. I walk around and somehow end up finding someone to talk with. How this keeps on happening is beyond me, but I guess it's not too bad. I am slowly learning how to become a normal high school student after all.

"..." I turn a corner and almost bump into a girl. We just sort of...looked at each other in silence. Out of all the people I could have found, I found the one person who probably wants to associate with me the least.

"...Hello." The girl finally speaks.

"Hey."

"Did you need something from me?"

"Uh, not in particular?"

"I see. Then please step out of the way." See what I mean?

"You're going out now? Isn't it kind of late?"

"...Are you going to keep harassing me or are you going to let me leave?"

"Well, I wouldn't say I'm harassing you..."

"Then what would you say? Annoy?"

"...I'm starting to get the feeling you don't want to hang out with me."

"And I'm starting to get the feeling that you won't let me pass." Yamamura sighs. I step away from the doorway so she can walk by me. Now, usually if someone doesn't want to associate with you, you leave them alone. Unfortunately the person that doesn't want to associate with me is a girl, and part of my brain will not allow me to leave her alone. I wish I could replace that part of my brain. Aww, boss! You know you would never replace me! I'm way too entertaining!

"...Where are we going exactly?" I ask.

"There is no 'We'. I am going somewhere while you are stalking me. Please leave me alone or I'll be forced to call security." Yes, I definitely feel like this girl does not like me.

"We could just be coincidentally walking in the same direction, you know. I don't have to be stalking you."

"Tch, you're annoying." Woah, that's a new expression on her. She actually looks annoyed compared to her usual expressionless face. I decide to give her a break and we walk in silence for a while. Judging by my knowledge of the ship's layout, we should be heading towards the cafe. Since Nishikawa usually likes to hang around the cafe, I guess it shouldn't be that surprising anymore.

As I predicted, we eventually come up to the cafe. Nishikawa is mixing some sort of drink in a corner table, so the two of us approach her.

"Help. I am being followed by a strange man, and I believe I may be in danger."

"...Wow. That's a new one." Nishikawa gives a slight laugh while shaking her head a bit. "Sup, tall guy."

"Good evening to you, Nishikawa. Why did you call me tall guy?"

"Huh? Cuz you're tall and a guy. I thought that was obvious."

"Well...I mean, yes. But that makes it sound like we don't know each other."

"Who cares? The only other person around is Miki, and she already knows that we're cool." Once Nishikawa points that out, I realize that the place is eerily empty. Now that's a bit odd.

"Yes. A fact that is very unfortunate." Yamamura solemnly nods. "Although I feel as if you look at him differenly now. Did something happen between you two?"

"O-oh! Haha, not really. I think it's just your imagination." Nishikawa quickly denies while sheepishly rubbing her neck. Why is she blushing?

"Is that so?" Yamamura doesn't seem convinced. "Then do you mind telling me how close you are exactly?"