Kayano Onodera - Morning Exercise

Note: The stories of these characters are based off other characters. I just changed them to make it fit the setting of classroom of the elite.

-----

I let out a sigh as I walk around the campus during the weekend. It's pretty early in the morning, and I was looking to get some exercise. Unfortunately the usual place I work out in is being occupied by some students, and I don't think letting people see my exercise routine is a good idea. As I searched for a nice quiet place to use, I found myself near the school pool.

I can hear splashing. Someone's already here too? Curse you, early risers. Judging from what I can hear, there seems to only be one person in the pool. A member of the swimming club most likely. The sun has barely even come up, whoever it is must be very dedicated to swimming.

Curiously, I walked over to see who was in the pool. It looks to be a girl with tanned skin. I have to say, her swimming technique is great. She is moving through the water at an impressive speed, doing continuous laps back and forth.

"Oh! Ah... Umm... Ayanokoji?" Gah, I've been noticed. Hopefully she doesn't think I'm a creep for staring. Oh no, its someone from my class as well. I can already hear the rumors starting. Goodbye, my social life...

"Hello, Onodera. I'm surprised you're practicing this early in the morning." I try and divert her attention away from my staring by complimenting her work ethic.

"Well of course! I need all the practice I can get if I want to get in tip-top shape if I want to get to Nationals!" She proudly boasts while patting her chest. It seems my strategy has worked.

"You're going for Nationals?"

"Yup! That's every high school swimmer's dream! Haven't you ever watched a sports anime before?"

"Right. Sorry, it's been a while since I watched those things." That was a complete lie, I have never watched anime before, but hopefully she won't notice.

"Actually, what are you doing here so early in the morning? I've never seen you come here before, on a weekend no less." She questions. I guess it won't hurt to tell her the truth.

"I was just looking for a place to do some light exercise. Sorry if I bothered you."

"Oh! No bother at all! I respect a fellow athelete's desire for morning exercise." She seems to have gained a newfound respect for me.

"I wouldn't exactly call myself an athelete. I just do some light jogging every so often..."

"Really? Then how do you stay so athletic looking? I can clearly tell that you train a lot." Of course a sports fanatic would notice my build. I should have expected this.

"No, I get out of breath pretty easily. You on the other hand seem to be fine even after doing several laps over an olympic sized swimming pool. I'm shocked you still have energy after that."

"It's called youth! Swimming just gets your blood pumping and makes you want to go "POOOW! BOOOOM!" you know!" She exclaims with some very over the top hand motions, splashing water all around.

"I see... I guess I'm feeling a little "pow" and "boom" myself."

"No, no! You're doing it wrong! Put some energy into it! Go "POOOOOW! BOOOOOOM!" like that!"

"...On second thought, maybe I'm just hungry." I need to keep my cool and quiet personality. I can't start yelling things excitedly, it would ruin my mysterious vibe.

"Aw! No fair! You just made me look weird for nothing!" She pouted at me.

"No, I'm pretty sure you did that on your own..."

"Hehe, that's true!" She rests her hands outside the pool.

"You know, if you're looking to exercise, why don't you give swimming a go? And by that I mean actually trying, because when we had swimming class you didn't put any effort into it. Don't think I didn't notice!" She points at me with an accusatory look. Hey, you're not supposed to be the observant one. You're supposed to think I am incapable like the rest of them.

"I didn't bring any swimwear."

"You've got loads of time! The rest of the swimming club should be here soon anyway, you can join us for practice." Hey, I'm all up for getting social, but...

"The swimming club is made up of mostly girls... correct?"

"Yup! Actually, they're all girls."

"Wouldn't they be uncomfortable with me there? They don't even know me."

"Nonsense! They're all cool. Besides, you're not like the other guys that just oogle at girl's bodies." Well, I do oogle at them... Just, more stealthily. However I'm not going to tell her that.

"Maybe some other time..."

"Shame! Well, the offer is always open. Oh, looks like the rest of the club is here." From my peripheral vision I can see a group of girls walking towards the pool. I need to make my escape before things get akward.

"I'll keep that in mind. For now I think I'll keep looking for a good exercise spot." I saw while walking towards the nearest exit.

"Huh? But the rest of the club just got here! At least talk with us for a bit, then maybe you'll agree to join the swimming club."

"I'm nervous and sweaty, so maybe next time. Thank you for talking with me, Onodera."

"What are you nervous about? And are you really worried about sweat? We're at a pool, do you think anyone is gonna care if you're sweaty?" That's... actually a good point, but I'm not gonna stay to retort. I can already see the other girls whispering while pointing at me. I give Onodera a slight bow before exiting the pool area.