10: It was good until it wasn't

Start from the beginning

I rushed and put on the rest of my clothes. I rushed into the bathroom to brush my teeth again. I could feel my nervousness growing.

"What's for me is for me." I reminded myself out loud while looking in the mirror.

"Here put this on." Key said handing me a bottle of Versace Eros.

"This shit smell good." I compliment.

"I know that's why I'm telling you to put it on." He laughed.

"You tryna say I stink?" I reply.

"Maybe but at least you look good as fuck." He said eyeing me up and down.

Key handed me a chain to go with my outfit as the final touch. Now I actually look the part.

"You ready? Key asked

"Yeah let's go." I say rushing down the stairs.

This is too big of an opportunity to fuck it up. I really appreciate Lori for even doing this. My life is about to change dramatically today I can feel it.

Everything in business is calculated and strategic and this industry is no different. I gathered as much information as I could in the car about the artist and listened to her music.

I called Lori as I got closer because I was still nervous.

"Don't be nervous she needs you more than you need her just talk to her like a regular person." Lori said.

"What if I fuck it up?" I ask.

"The worst thing that can happen is we don't get paid. With that being said you can't afford to fuck up." She said.

"How much do I get paid?" I ask.

"You get a percentage of contract value. So what I like to do is make her look as good as possible to the label. But I'm speaking to one of the executives now so call me back after." She explained.

"Okay thank you." I say hanging up.

I took a deep sigh.

'I am worthy of this. I cannot afford to lose.' I chanted in my head.

"You got this." Key said pulling up to a restaurant.

"This is it?" I ask.

"Yep." Key said.

"My hair and shit ain't fucked up is it?" I ask.

He chuckled, "wait lean in."

I leaned in like a dumb ass. He kissed my neck and left a hickey.

"You did not." I say.

"I did now get the fuck out the car and get your bag." He said.

I hate that nigga so much. I walked into the restaurant and the waitress located my table. A couple moments later I saw her walk into the restaurant looking for me. I got up to introduce myself.

"Hey Gloria, a pleasure to finally meet you, I'm Jaylen I'll be working closely with you and Lori

"Hey Gloria, a pleasure to finally meet you, I'm Jaylen I'll be working closely with you and Lori." I say.

"Thank you Jaylen and the label for taking interest." She says, "Oh my god you so young!"

I chuckle, "we both are, but I'm extremely impressed with the numbers you've been able to do. If I'm being real with you the label definitely wants to sign you. While I can't disclose the dollar amount for obvious reasons, I wanted to touch base with you. What would you want out of this deal."

"I need to own my masters publishing and name that's most important, I need creative freedom to make music on my own time." She says before the waitress interrupted.

The dinner was paid for by me and the label reimbursed me. I wasn't mad at it I was collecting reward points during the process. It was going well so far, but we'll see.

___________
A/N: "LETSSS GOOOO!!" How was it?