10: It was good until it wasn't

My three days had passed and I had to tell Lori my decision on the job offer. I'm not gonna lie the other night was wild. We didn't watch that movie at all. I decided schedule my final exams early and graduate ahead of schedule. Meaning I need to cram months worth of material into a couple weeks. Crazy how shit flipped over the last few days.

I've been researching more about the music industry and music marketing trying to gain some insight. Just one of the weird quirks I have. When I learn something new I have To learn every single thing I possibly can.

Aside from Key and Lori nothing else at school has changed. My mom hasn't checked up on me at all which is cool I guess. My friends were sad that I was leaving early. I wasn't at all, I knew what I was about to do was going to be a lot but it would be worth it.

I rushed out of the doors as soon as the bell rang and into my car. I typed in the address to Lori's office and was on my way. After accepting Lori's offer she immediately had an artist she wanted me to meet with.

"Hey Jaylen I have a meeting later on tonight do you want to take it?" Lori asked me.

"I can do it." I said quickly.

I was not expecting to have work so soon, but I was grateful. The artist has been trending worldwide for months and labels are desperate to get her under contract.

I just knew if I could get her signed I could sign anybody. I've been exposed to way too much for me to go back to my old way of living. My car note is coming up in a few weeks so I needed to get the ball rolling.

Lori explained the venue we were going to be meeting at and what to go over with her. Lori even traded cars with me just to make a good impression.

"Don't fuck up my wheels." Lori warned

"I know how to drive. Don't fuck up mine." I respond with a smile.

I was scared as hell to drive her car. I was praying that I didn't fuck something up. I have shit to do no time to be scared. I made my way to the nearest fashion outlet I could. One thing about me I cannot dress. I get all my outfits off of Instagram.

By the time I found something I liked I had an hour to get ready. I pulled into the driveway frantically running upstairs to take a shower and get dressed.

"Damn you look good where you going?" Key asked me as I was fully naked.

I smirked, "I gotta meet with a client tonight."

"So you accepted the offer?" He asks.

Now is not the time for questions nigga.

"Yeah, Can you pass me my boxers?" I ask.

"You want me to put them on too?" He asked slickly.

"Might as well dress me." I say putting the boxers on.

"Say less then, what else you wearing tonight?" He asked.

I pointed to the bags of clothes I had just purchased.

"Damn this shit fly." He says about to try on my pants.

"Nigga I gotta go stop trynna stretch my shit out." I say snatching the pants out his hands.

"Hey Siri, what time is it." I yell loud enough for my phone to hear.

"It's 6:45pm central." She said.

"Fuck." I mumble.

"I can drive you so you can have more time to get prepared. Key offered.

"Appreciate it." I say.