9: R.N.P

I could tell she was uncomfortable so I changed the subject, "When did you meet key?" I ask.

"I met Keyshawn a couple years ago at a low point in my life I was a struggling real estate agent." She says opening up to me.

"Did you not want to be an agent?" I ask.

"I knew I didn't want to go to college and at that time i thought I could only make a lot of money without a degree was by selling homes. I chose the luxury market for obvious reasons, higher commission pay. Of course with that there are a small number of qualified buyers. The people that were qualified didn't want to buy a luxury home from a black girl. If it wasn't that I was too young. Also with selling these kind of homes I needed to uphold a somewhat flashy image and for me being where I'm from I had to do things I wasn't proud of. Long story short, Key was one of the few people that gave me a chance. I knew that if I could sell just a few homes a year I'd make enough to live the lifestyle I wanted." Lori explained.

"Do you think of you never met key your life would be different?" I ask her.

"Not necessarily, One thing about me I'm going to accomplish my goals with or without you." She says.

"Facts I'm the same way." I say In agreement.

I respected her hustle, not a lot have comparable work ethic.

"What about you?" She asks.

"I honestly wasn't supposed to meet key at all. I'm still in high school-" I start as she cut me off.

"You're a minor?!" She asked.

"I'm eighteen. I graduate in a couple months." I laughed.

She looked relieved, "just making sure you can continue."

I chuckled.

"But yeah like I said I wasn't supposed to Key. The only reason I met him was because I got tired of relying on my mom to get me the things I wanted. So I needed a car to make things happen for myself. Whether that be a job or whatever. I literally manifested myself having a car for weeks because I didn't know if I could afford it. All I did know was to build my credit and just wait for the right opportunity, I guess aligning myself with my desired reality. Something told me to go to the dealership today just to see the car in person. Key got me approved for the car and the rest was history. I was literally so excited to finally be able to purchase my car that I went home right after and told my mom. She for some reason wasn't feeling it. I thought she would be happy for me but ended up spazzing on me that I went and got a car and not help her with the bills. I actually got kicked out less than 2 hours of buying it. But yeah that's how I met key." I say getting kind of sad.

"So all this happened literally today?" She asked shocked.

"Technically yesterday because it's after 12am but yeah." I say trying to lighten the mood.

"Damn today must've been overwhelming. I see myself in you a lot. You can stay with us if you're comfortable or I can get you a room somewhere." She says sincerely.

"As much as I'd really appreciate that, I can't let you do that. I don't want Key knowing about my situation yet" I say.

"Us meeting obviously happened for a reason take this as a sign. Don't block your blessings you don't have to do everything alone. I won't tell, anything you need I got you." She assured me.

"Thank you." I say genuinely.

"So what do you see for yourself next." She asks.

"I don't really know, I was focused on a car up until this point, I guess graduating and making enough money to support myself." I say truthfully.

"I'm kinda glad you said that, I need an assistant if you're interested. You'd be dealing directly with the artist and I can show you the marketing aspect. It's not an easy job but it pays well. You get paid to get results so it's not a typical job with an hourly rate. Don't worry because I'll put you ahead of the curve. The reason I need an assistant is because I want to transition into an actual artist." She explains.

"I don't mind the work I appreciate the opportunity. I just don't know if it will interfere with school." I say.

"You're right Damn I forgot about that.

"I'll figure something out, just give me like a week." I say not wanting to fuck up my bag.

"I only have three days to get an answer back to the label." She says.

"That's fine I'll figure something out before then." I promised.

"Thank you!" She says gratefully.

"No thank you for everything." I say.

We walked back in seeing key still on his computer staring at a bunch of lines and graphs.

"That shit looks so confusing." I say lowly to Lori.

"It's not that confusing but it is time consuming." She responded.

"Ain't nothing time consuming about making 3k in thirty minutes." Key says.

My eyes grew wide.

Lori rolled her eyes.

"You say how much? Explain." I reply.

"So basically I get in here and buy 10 contracts of NASDAQ I wait for it to go to up or down 15 points and sell. Since each point is worth $20 and I get my 3k." He explained.

"Simple terms." I request.

"Oversimplifying iwould be $20.00 multiplied by 150 points equals 3k."  He said.

"It's kinda clicking." I say.

"Let's watch this movie before I fall asleep." Lori laughed.

Nah fuck that movie show me how to make three thousand in thirty minutes

"I should've found y'all sooner." I say following Lori to the basement.

She handed me a remote letting me pick a movie. Don't make me pick a movie my anxiety will act up.

_____
A/N: How was it?