3: Keep ya Head up

I brought all my belongings to my car. I threw my house keys at her raggedy ass Impala. I drove to the nearest parking lot to figure out my next move. I'm not the type to panic under stress so I mediated focusing on abundance. I believe that thinking about what I don't want or have will cause it to show up more because I'm giving it life.

I started applying for various jobs immediately after meditation. I started with all fast food jobs because that's the lowest hanging fruit with quick response time. But I knew even once I got hired it would take weeks to yield any tangible income. Then I decided to signup for DoorDash I could get paid the day of until I got hired and would create a flexible schedule for me to finish my final semester.

The weather's not too bad so I can sleep in my car for now. I just need to figure out what I'm going to do for cleanliness. I could either take one in the school locker room or get a gym membership. I decided to go get a membership since it makes the most sense.

My train of thought was interrupted by a notification. It was a voice message from Key on Instagram. I smiled and waited around five minutes before playing it.

"Yo wassup are you enjoying the car? More importantly can I post your picture? Either way I'm proud of you financing your first car on your own, hit me back." He sent.

"I enjoyed it on the test drive lol but nah I ain't letting your post it." I sent back as a message.

The message almost immediately said seen. I quickly left the conversation before he replies. He started typing, but a little while later stopped. Damn what you wanted to say to me shorty?

I just locked my phone and stopped looking.

"Incoming call, press the pickup button to answer." The infotainment system repeated.

I just know that aunt who I think it is. I looked down it surely was. I hate answering calls. I froze whether to answer or not. I decided to let the phone ring. A minute later he called again. I'm going to have to answer this one.

"Hello." I said in a raspy and nervous tone.

"So you wasn't gone answer me." He laughed.

"I didn't plan to, I hate phone calls." I say truthfully.

"Why's that?" He asked.

"I don't know." I lied.

"Yo ass lying." He said confidently.

"I'm not." I lied again.

"You are, but I ain't here for that. Why you won't let me post this picture?" He insisted.

"I just hate taking pictures." I say.

"Your Instagram is full of pictures and thirst traps what you mean shorty." He says.

What that mean? If I take the picture ima post it.

"I don't like other people taking my pictures." I corrected myself.

"Jaylen you're the only one of my clients that haven't let me. Please." He begged.

"I ain't your typical client." I say.

"Then let's take a picture together that you'll like." He offered.

"It's not that important ion need everybody knowing the type of time I'm on." I say truthfully.

"I'm not taking no for an answer, what I gotta do?" He begged again.

"Send some money." I say as a joke.

"I'll send you three hundred if you pull-up right now." He offered.

"You capping mad hard." I say calling my bluff