Oliver turned his attention back to the man running around the treasury. He had never seen him in his youth when he was healthy and unburdened by a difficult life.  Quincey was so carefree now, which was probably why it took a while to recognize him. 

It was surprising to see how much prison had changed him from his youth. The man in his previous life had lost everything, including his looks, becoming far separated from the Belelots. He lived anonymously, discarding his true last name in exchange for the sword. 

He was sharp with his tongue but also his mind. He was calculative, strong, and a good leader for his men. Oliver could rely on him, giving him the heavy burden of being his second-in-command. 

But at this moment, Quincey was carefree and young. He smiled much like Piers, and it brightened his blue eyes. His blonde hair was disheveled but was the trademark Belelot color. 

Oliver released a long breath. Quincey Bell... no... Quincey Belelot, son of Gideon Belelot and true heir to the throne. And based on the many curses he directed to his cousin, he would gladly help topple Piers' reign.

Quincey's frustrated mumbling pulled Oliver from his thoughts again. Quincey was shifting through many objects sitting on a desk. 

"Hells, I just want a fucking ring." He tossed a box across the room in frustration.

He then picked up a scroll and narrowed his eyes. He ran his fingers across the seal. "Huh... Ella mentioned this treaty before. I never expected to find it."

Oliver craned his neck to see what Quincey had picked up and then felt the breath rush out of him. He knew what that scroll was. He had seen it before in Piers' hands. 

It was that blasted treaty.

After being taken away and tortured, he could convince his family to break away from Piers without hesitation. A piece of parchment was not necessary. However, the Kardos family would lose the trust and respect they had built over generations. If he could protect his family a little more, he would.

Quincey hesitated for a moment and was about to put it back down.

"Give it here," Oliver said with a broken voice.

Quincey yelled and jumped, dropping the scroll to the ground. With a pale face, he whipped the torch around and finally found Oliver's figure hunched on the floor.

Quincey was about to run, but then he noticed that Oliver was either exhausted or in pain. "What in the hells happened to you?"

Oliver sighed. "Piers."

"He... he locked you in the treasury?"

Oliver shook his head and held up the key. "I let myself in."

Quincey gave a nervous laugh. "If I come closer to you, will you attack me?"

"I can hardly move," Oliver laughed. "So attacking is a bit of a stretch."

Quincey approached him and illuminated his figure. He gasped when he saw the numerous wounds on Oliver's body.

"Fuck. We need to get you out of here."

He reached down to help Oliver, but Oliver pushed away his hand. "You came here for something. Find it first. I just ask that you take that scroll with you as well."

Quincey was quick to protest. "You look like you're one step away from death. I can find the ring later."

"I need to regain some of my energy, and you're looking for something. Search while I rest a little." Oliver said, hiding his smile under his hands. Quincey was the same as ever, just a little naive now.