CHAPTER 21 Your Hand In Mine - Explosions In The Sky

BACK AT IRINA'S SHIP, THAT MORNING, everyone had gathered around the main room of Irina's ship and listened to Mason on the radio telling them all what Waters had found out and the locations of the detonators of the nukes

After Mason had finished telling them, Alex laid out a map of the city on a table and with a red marker, he circled the locations of the detonators on the map.

Alex waved everyone over and said—

—"All right, here's the plan: There are 3 spots, so we need to split into 3 groups. We're gonna sneak back into the city tonight. And when morning comes, Irina's troops will attack from the West giving us a distraction and a clear path to the 3 spots. Once we find the detonators, we destroy them. After that, we just need to hope our friends on the island come through."

Ana then stepped in and said—

—"They'll probably try to stop them. So I think that we should consider sending some of Irina's troops to the island to help them."

Ana looked over at Irina for her approval and Irina said—

—"Done."

Alex looked over at Judith and said—

—"We're also gonna need some disguises."

Judith smiled.

Ana said—

—"Irina's handmaids can help you."

"In the meantime, we have work to do, follow me." said Alex walking out of the room waving at them to follow him.

Then they all went to a shooting range that was inside the ship and Irina's Commanding Officer of her troops taught and showed them how to shoot guns.

While they practiced shooting guns, Judith worked making disguises with Irina's handmaids.

BACK AT THE LIGHTHOUSE, Lauren, Mason and Kristofer were starting to get worried that they had not heard back from Rob in hours.

Lauren went over to Mason and said—

—"Do you think that something happened to them or are they intentionally refusing to contact us?"

"I'm not sure, but I think their captors would be calling us if they had been captured. Either way, we tried 3 times and they didn't answer. All we can do, is wait."

"I don't like waiting in this tower for who knows how long and for who knows who comes first."

"Better to take our chances here than out there."

"Why? We're sitting ducks up here."

Mason smirked at Lauren and said—

—"We'd be dead ducks out there."

Lauren smirked at Mason and thought he made a good point.

Then Lauren had a thought to pray for her friends.