CHAPTER 9 on The run

Detective Waters and Captain Mason brought a tied up and blindfolded Man into a dimly lit interrogation room

They sat the blindfolded Man in a chair and removed the blindfold. 

The Man was very scared and pleaded—

—"Please let me go! I've already told you everything I know about him."     

Waters said—

—"Which as it turns out is nothing. You don't know what he looks like or where to find him. But HE, does know you, and we'll use that to find him. And YOU are going to help us find him. Then we'll let you go, understood?"

The Man nodded his head 'Yes.'

AT A CONSTRUCTION SITE, RAFAEL hammered a nail into a piece of wood to build a shack. 

He saw a random Man talking to a group of people. 

Then he saw the MAN taking notes and suddenly he realized or suspected out of paranoia, that the Man was working with the Police to try to find him, because of the things that he had been selling that he got from the submarine. 

Then Rafael quickly left the work area and went home.

Rafael entered the house and saw Julieta breastfeeding their babies. 

Julieta was surprised to see Rafael and said—

—"What's going on?"

"We need to move now."

"Why? What happened?"

Rafael quickly started grabbing and packing up their things saying—

—"I'll explain later. But right now we need to move."

THAT NIGHT, IN THE POLICE BUILDING, Captain Mason and Detective Waters sat in their office talking. 

Captain Mason asked Waters—

—"So, has he found anything useful?"

"Nothing. We have reached a dead end with him."

"What happened?"

"He must have messed it up. He aroused too much suspicion and scared away every possible person who might have known something."

Detective Waters got up from his chair and started to walk out of the room saying—

—"If something comes up about this, let me know."

"I will."

Waters walked out and closed the door behind him.