CHAPTER 12 Exploitation

Amaia walked into the office and saw Captain Gilmour sitting in a chair with Detective Waters. 

The guards walked out of the office, closed the door and waited outside. 

The Captain and Detective Waters looked at Amaia.

Then Captain Gilmour said—

—"Evening. This is Detective Waters. He and I would like to have a word with you. We have a situation we think you might be able to help us with. Your parents are in jail, correct? If you help us, we might be able to reduce their sentence. We've had a consistent number of shortages of goods go missing. Now, ordinarily, I would use a more... forceful way of finding the one responsible, but my friend here has brought up another way to go about it. So I'll let him tell you."

Then Captain Gilmour gestured to Detective Waters who said—

—"We would like you to find the identity of the person and report it to us."

Then Waters held up a card and showed it to Amaia telling her—

—"This is a key card. You can use it to open your room door from the inside once it's locked at night."

Waters gave Amaia the key card and said—

—"Use it to follow and find the person. I am also aware that your sister was with you here. You do this for us and we could bring her back here for you."

Amaia looked closely at the key card and then looked up at Waters when he mentioned her sister. 

She looked closely at Waters trying to see if he was being serious.

Then she looked over at the Captain to see his reaction and the Captain noticed her looking over at him.

"Do you think you are up to the task?" asked Captain Gilmour.

Amaia nodded.

Captain Gilmour said—

—"Rest assured though, if you abuse that key card there will be severe consequences for you."

Amaia nodded again and said—

—"I understand."

"Good. The guards will take you back now." said Captain Gilmour.

The guards reentered and took Amaia back to her room. 

The guards closed her room door and left. 

Amaia laid down and thought about what they told her.

She thought to herself that she'd be a fool to believe for a second that they would deliver on their promise to bring her sister back. 

She knew that she couldn't refuse them either because that would mean they would resort to threatening her or her family.

She also thought that she didn't want to turn Ana in before she went to access the computer so she could swoop in and use it for herself. 

She thought to herself: 'Once she had accessed the computer, she would turn Ana in.'

Now all that she had to do was wait for the opportunity to arrive.