33

The early morning of the Saturday ummi wake up to the tragic news of her grandfather's death, the past two days has been a hectic one for her, with Amir in a critical condition in the hospital helplessly in search of a match to donor for a bone marrow transplant she sure did not expect to wake up this blissful Saturday morning to such news,
  Grandpa Amir has always been the one keeping the family together, he's been there for everyone in the family, he was a grumpy old man dieing at the age of 94years sure he has live long enough and enjoyed his time on this earth.

"Ummi."jalal call entering the bedroom they just got back from the burial ground, he stop by at the hospital to see if there's any update on amir's health but there isn't, he feel so helpless at the moment especially knowing the solution to all of this is in his hands but how can he even tell ummi such sensitive information at this critical and crucial time in her life, surely the death of the old man has a severe impact on everyone in the family, he was like the bedrock that every family member is leaning on and now he's gone.

"Did you checked on Amir?"ummi ask with a sniff as she flick her tears with a sigh.

She's at the late grandfather house in the bedroom she do always stay whenever she visited, it still feel odd that he's no longer with them.

"I did."jalal say slightly brushing ummi's hand with a sigh.

"Isn't there any solution to this?
Must the father be the donor?"ummi say frustratedly and jalal sigh.

"No,
The doctors said they are also searching for a match."jalal say staring at his wife, he grab her by the hand and hug her.

"I'm sorry ummi."he say he doesn't even know what he's sorry for anymore, for lieing to her, putting her son life at risk or the death of her grandfather's.

He love his wife and at this point he do if anything should happen to the little boy Laying on that hospital bed he's not very sure how his wife would handle it, he feel like a really terrible person, he stay with ummi through out the day trying to be supportive until evening comes by and they both leave, few family members still hanging around in the house.

️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Jalal pov

"Yes doctor,
Okay i will likely be on my way."I say briskly walking around the kitchen as i arrange the Baby food bag.

"J i have to go,
Mum and everyone is already there."my wife say quickly coming down from the stairs her eyes very puffy from too much cry as do that will resurrect her dead grandfather.

"Ok,
Here is the food bag,
I will be going to the hospital and see if anything comes up,
You two should take care."I say and slightly hug her, kissing her on the forehead as i slightly touch the little boy on the head.

"Alright."ummi say and quickly exit the kitchen making me to sigh in relief as i grab the frying pan, my phone start ringing and i grab it from the kitchen island, I put it on speaker phone and drop it on the phone hook by stove stand.

"Has ummi leave the house already?"the voice ask and i humm in response.

" How's little Amir doing?"he ask and i feel my pulse picking up.

"He's fine,
Look I'm not in the mood to talk right now,
I'm in the kitchen,
we will speak later,"I say with a sigh as i break the egg in the frying pan.

"Just tell her the truth,
It won't change anything,
Beside the truth cannot be hidden forever,
An.. .. . .

"I should tell her the truth?"I screech.
It's easy for you to say that isn't it,
Do you know how many sleepless night i had, it kills me knowing that I know shit and can't say it,
Ummi is my wife,
There's a 1year old kid laying helplessly on the hospital bed for something he's oblivious about,.she just lost her grandfather and you want me to tell her?
Tell her what?
That the father of her son is.......
God you are an idiot."I say and grab the phone from the hook and turn it off at once.

I sigh and turn to grab the spoon but stop at the sight at the kitchen door.

"Ummi."I call but she shake her head it's clear she heard the conversation, the tears streaming down her face says it all.

"Ummi i can explain."I say walking to the door but trip on the children toy and fall as she leave the kitchen making me to quickly stand up and follow her the fire alarm begin Blaring and i sigh before running back to the kitchen and turn off the stove before sauntering out of the parlour only to the sight of the white range Rover driving out of the house Making me to sigh and smack my head.

"Darn it."i say kicking at nothing before heading back to the parlour, I head to the kitchen and trash the burnt egg and grab my phone from the floor and head upstairs to change before going after my wife.

️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

The echoing words keeps replaying in her head, she can't even believe what she heard, she knew there's always a big question mark on jalal,
Is he the father of her children but then how?
What really happened and how can she not recall a single thing,
Something sinister had happened to her when she was married to fu'ad and jalal is the only person that can answer that question, with her blurry vision and hazy clouded mind, ummi drive recklessly to her late grandfather house, running through every red light until she heard the screeching sound of the metal and before she knows it, she ran straight into the red trailer tank.

When jalal received the call 2hours ago about his wife accident he felt as do the world he's trying to build is crumbling, little fu'ad was pronounced death on the spot as the doctor's battle to save her life in the theatre, he has pace and pace around for the past 2hours,
Will ummi even give him a chance to speak?
How will she handle the death of her son?
He hate that he's trapped in this,
He hate the fact that this single scenario can make him loss the only lady that he's ever love, the theatre door open and he quickly saunter to the doctor.

"She's fine,
She will be taken to the ICU  for now."the doctor say and jalal sigh in relief as ummi's mum slightly path him on the shoulder.

The nurse hand them the little boy body and they leave the hospital to do rightful thing and bury him, jalal couldn't leave the hospital, he just want ummi awake so she could listen to him and atleast find a place in her heart to forgive him, he feel responsible for everything especially the death of her son and she been in this condition,
Will ummi ever forgive him?
He ask himself the question as the nurses wheel her out on the stretcher, her face and body covered in gauze.