9

Fu'ad POV

"Ummi."I knock on the bedroom door for almost an hour, I know ummi is usually upset whenever i got home late but she has never look at me the way she did today, I feel like a complete idiot, the guilt is eating me up as i stand rooted by the bedroom door.

"I'm sorry ummi,
C.........the door open and she stare at me for a while before shifting from the door, her eyes swollen probably from crying Making me to frown.

"Mi.......

"You where with her."she say and i give her a confuse look.
"Someone send me the pictures,
I was waiting for you here to have dinner and you went to see her,
How thoughtful of me to think you will like an anti social introvert like me."she grumble making me to sigh and sit on the edge of the bed near her.

"Ummi,
I don't know what you are talking about and stop calling yourself names,."I say and she snort, she scroll through her phone and hand it to me making me to sigh at the picture.

"Mims,
If you will keep believing in things like this then our relationship will never work, yes i met Raziqah but we just had a friendly conversation and i drop her off at her parents,
I'm not an idiot for goodness sake I'm married to you now."I say and she sniff making me to sigh, I grab her hand and look up at her.

"Can i ask something from you?"she ask staring at me hopefully and i nod with a smile, removing the strand of hair from her face.

"Can you stay home this weekend please?"she ask staring at me, I know this weekend supposed to be an important board meeting but then, I have never spend some quality time with ummi, I know absolutely nothing about her and she's my wife.

"Yes ummi,
I will be home with you this weekend,
We will visit your parents and grandfather tomorrow."I say and i can  see how her face light up in happiness.

"Thank you,
Should i bring your food to your bedroom?"she ask with soo much excitement making me to chuckle.

"No,
I will eat and sleep here today,
You are my wife after all."I say and she smile bashfully before standing up.

"Let me get the food."she say and quiet leave the bedroom making me to release a deep breathe of exhaustion before laying on the bed.

I need some time for myself, life shouldn't always revolve around work, my mum always say to me but i just can't seem to control myself, my phone start ringing and i remove it from my pocket suprise to see Raziqah name, i end the call and the bedroom door open revealing ummi with the large tray making me to sit upright.

"Mims i got a lecturing work for you in the university."I say even tho is a lie I know a single phone call will make that happen.

"Really."she say with so much excitement and drop the tray making me to chuckle.

"No,
But you will get a lecturing job by Monday if you are ok with that?"I say and she nod dragging the chair for me to sit and i stand up kicking my shoes off.

"I will love that."she say as i sit and open the plate revealing the black Amala with the greenish soup.

"Ohh wow."I say confuse Making her to chuckle.

"It's what is left,
You missed dinner."she say and i shrug washing my hands.

"Yeah,
I still don't mind."I say and begin eating the food as we make small conversation mostly about our childhood.

The most fascinating thing about ummi is she forgives easily, all you have to do is make her smile and she will forget everything, she's obviously what selfish people will call naive.

********************

The next day as promised fu'ad spend it indoor with his wife, firdaus left very early in the morning mostly because her mum keeps calling her to go back home so she can go to school.

"I'm not very patience fu'ad, I just try to control my anger because I have a very bad temper, I ignored things because i don't have a forgiving heart like that, and it's the most insignificant thing that upset me, so i literally try to avoid anything that will make me upset."ummi say to fu'ad as they make the breakfast.

" I'm also really not the type to get angry like that, the only thing that upset me the most is betrayal i don't have it in me to forgive someone that betray me, no matter how much i care about you or how badly i want something if that mistrust comes between i let go."fu'ad say and ummi nod turning off the stove with a sigh.

"I know a lot of people take my quietness as naive or whatever but, I don't care if that will make people not to notice me and avoid me I'm ok with that, pass me the ketchup."ummi say and fu'ad hand her the ketchup before sitting tiredly on the stool.

Ummi begin quietly dishing the food as fu'ad scroll through his phone screen replying some of his emails, the front door screech open and ummi peek through the kitchen screen glass door to see jalal coming.

"Good morning you two."jalal greet entering the kitchen making fu'ad to glance from his phone screen.

"Bro,
How are you?"he ask and jalal shrug

"Bala is here,
He's outside."jalal say and fu'ad stand up.

"Mims i will be right back,
Let me settle some business."he say and quickly leave the kitchen making ummi to release a heavy breathe.

"Good morning ummi."jalal greet and ummi glance at him.

"Morning."she say with a weak smile as she drop the plate of food in his front.

"I'm fasting."he say and ummi give him a confused look.

"Just personal stuffs."he say with a shrug as fu'ad saunter inside the kitchen.

"Mims please i know i promised to be home today but, well, something very  important comes up,i need to go to the office right now but i will back immediately I'm done."fu'ad say and ummi glance at his plate of food.

"Okay,
Let me put your food in the takeaway as you get ready."ummi say and fu'ad shake his head.

"Just,
Give me i will eat in the car, I will change in the office, bye,
Jalal will go with you to your parents if i didn't come back early."fu'ad yell quickly leaving the kitchen as he drop the plate of food on the dinning table and head upstairs, he grab his office bag with the few documents and rush down the stairs, he glance at the plate of food confuse and decide to go drop the stuffs in the car and come back but with his mind clouded and hurry to see himself behind his office desk fu'ad leave without eating the food.

*********************
Ummi's pov

"Mum he's not always there, with fu'ad everything is about work, I don't know what else to do."I say with a sigh to my mum.

I honestly don't mean to tell my mum any of this considering the fact my marriage is not even up to 5month but i am just hoping she will give me a significant advise on how to keep fu'ad at home.

"Ummi,
Don't be too demanding,
Everything is a gradual step, fu'ad has been working all his life you don't expect him to miraculously change over night."my mum say and i sigh.

"Mum,
He left this morning, he didn't eat breakfast and now he just called that he's flying to L.A, it's........"

"Ummi."my mum call with a sigh.
Be supportive of your husband, if he love his work then be supportive of him, all men you see have there own issues, there's no perfect man or perfect relationship, everything is a gradual step, you still have time to work on your relationship."my mum say and i nod.

This are the few reasons i like keeping my personal problems to myself, nobody will understand things in my own perspective.

"It's ok mum,
When is dad coming back?"I ask and she sigh.

"Tomorrow,
You better head home is getting late"my mum say and i sigh, it won't make any difference.

We talked for a while with my mum before i leave, promising myself not to ever let fu'ad work become a problem in our marriage.