13

Ummi's pov

I have been sick or should i say restless for the past 2 weeks, since fu'ad was discharged, Nothing seems to change about him, he's just an eccentric mean fellow, I am supposed to resume back to work today but i couldn't even sleep yesterday night, I spend the entire night awake and sitting in the bathroom vomiting almost everything i ate for the day,
  I know my period is a week late but it usually happen to me sometimes it even skip a month, besides fu'ad and i only share a single night together which I'm not very sure it can produce anything like pregnancy.

"Aunty ummi."the familiar voice of firdaus call from my bedroom and I humm in response in the bathroom throwing the saliva content into the WC.

"Aunty ummi.
Ha,an what happened?
You are sick and you didn't call anyone?"firdaus say kneeling next to me placing her cold palms on my forehead making me to shut my eyes.

"Did ya fu'ad know?
Let me call mum to send the doctor.
Sorry, mum ask me to brought Danwake for you she make it herself this morning."firdaus say and exit the bathroom her faint voice echoing in the bedroom as i use the little strength inside of me to stand up but i feel so dizzy and my body felt as do it's place on a gazillion of stones making me to sit with a sigh.

"Aunty ummi,
mummy say the doctor will come,
You should dress up before he comes i will help you arrange the bedroom,
I have call ya fu'ad he said he will come if he comes out from the meeting, it's not  even 8am and he left for work, a workalcoholic dude."firdaus rant as she exit the bathroom making me to release a tiring heavy breathe.

I sit for a while before gently reaching out to the faucet in the jacuzzi and turn it on, I use the little strength inside me to stand up but stagger do to how dizzy I'm feeling, my heading throbbing badly but i still manage to stand up but my vision is too blurry, slowly the blurry vision begin to replace with an annoying dotted black and I  feel my body crumbling on the cold tiles of the bathroom.

*******%********
Fu'ad pov

"And what are you still doing in office by this time,
Magaji since in the morning "na kiraka cewa yarinyan nan bata jindadi"
You didn't show up,
What kind of irresponsible behavior is this, she's your wife,
It's evening firdaus has been with her all day, the doctor have already check on her, go back home and sent firdaus back right away." My mum upsetting voice echo through the phone speaker as i sign one of the document on my table.

"Mummy i will go home,. there is just some unfinished stuff in.........

"Do you want me to come to that office or call your dad?"she ask and I sigh staring at the phone as do I'm seeing her.

"I'm leaving right now."I say closing the folder and the phone beep as sign she ended the call making me to release a tiring breathe and stand up.

How is it my business if ummi is sick,
The girl is just something else she doesn't want things to work out for the both of us because if she do, then she would have listen to me when i told her the gym instructor will come and be guiding her in the gym at home so she can loss some weight,
She eat alot and I'm pretty sure before this so called marriage reaches a year she will occupy the entire house,
It's probably food poison don't know why mum is making a fuss out if it
I grab my jacket and phone before exiting the office.

"Have a nice day sir."the security guy say and i nod before climbing the car.

"Stop by that joint, I need to buy something."I say to the driver and he nod, regardless how annoying I find this girl for some reason i cannot say no if she ask me to buy something for her, firdaus texted me earlier that the doctor has checked her and she's ok but she wants me to buy some kilishi and grapes, this are what makes her keep getting fat but she will never listen, I wait in the car and ask the driver to buy a bunch as i scroll through my emails.