66

Tuesday, 24th January 1995

Fleur was not in an excellent mood for the second task. She woke up in an empty bed and received a note from Alexis that Athena would be late because she had 'Head Girl' stuff to do. Which we all know is entirely false. Athena is somewhere at the bottom of the Black Lake.

"Are you done?" Danielle said as she barged into the Veela's room. Fleur gave her a pouty look and shoved the note at Danielle. Danielle read through the message and smirked. This was one of the situations where Fleur was much needier than she used to. She had grown dependent on Athena as Athena did with her. "What? No good morning kisses from your wife got you all pouty and nervous about the task? Too bad, the pride of the Academy rides on your shoulders, Champion."

"She was supposed to be here but said Gabrielle needed me. She needed me for an hour. And now she said she's late?" Fleur whined as she combed her hair. Danielle chuckled as she tossed one of Athena's coats that Fleur stole without Athena knowing. Athena had too many to notice.

"That one should help. Come on; the task is in 15 minutes." Fleur sighed in annoyance as she wore Athena's coat, and Danielle took an extra coat and towels. Once she exited the carriage with her schoolmates, the Ashryver brothers were waiting for her. Fleur rolled her eyes and scoffed in disbelief. The Ashryver brothers were stunned and look one another, offended. "Athena's not here."

"Ah."

~

"She's not here," Fleur whimpered as she stretched, getting a warm-up for the cold morning weather. Danielle chuckled while the Ashryver brothers looked around and noticed that Cho, Hermione and Ron were not there either. The Ashryver brothers excused themselves and went to one corner.

"She's the treasure." Atlas gasped [in Russian] as he looked at Fleur's nervousness.

"Fucking hell."

Ludo Bagman was now moving among the champions, spacing them along the bank at intervals of ten feet. Harry was late and confused about what was going on; he was at the end of the line, next to Krum, wearing swimming trunks and his wand at the ready.

Krum moved closer to Fleur and whispered, "They got Athena and Hermione. They're at the bottom of the lake."

Fleur whipped her head to the Seeker with wide eyes, and Harry looked at them confused as Krum moved back to his original spot. Fleur cursed under her breath and gave a thankful nod to Krum. Viktor gave her a soft smile; he was as nervous as she was. The information only gave Fleur more motivation to win.

"Sonorus!" Bagman's voice boomed out across the dark water towards the stands. "Well, all our champions are ready for the second task, which will start on my whistle. They have precisely an hour to recover what has been taken from them. On the count of three, then. One ... two ... Three!"