"You'll probably hate me."

"Don't you dare say that! I could never hate you! Just tell me." I heard the door open but didn't bother to turn around to see who it was. Autumn just looked at me and mouthed 'Mr. Brinkley.' "What the hell?" I muttered to myself, Autumn chuckled and slapped my arm playfully. 

"Are we looking for another detention Ms. Cross?" Damn he heard!

"No Sir." 

"Then i suggest you don't curse in my classroom anymore." I nodded my head, "Very well. Now, i understand that you guys had free range to do whatever you wanted last year." Everyone nodded their head, "Well, that's not going to happen this year. You will get to pick whether you would like to focus on instruments or singing." The whole class groaned and i wasn't an exception. We were never graded on our singing! "So i would like the singers to sit on one side and the instrument players to line up on the other." Autumn and i stayed put and all the singers moved to our side. 

"I'm going to start with the singers first. Ms. Cross, would you like to start us off?"

"No, not really." He gave me 'the look', you know the one teachers give you that means 'that wasn't a question.' I sighed but stood up because you shouldn't sing sitting dow.

"Ah, ah, ah. Front and center."

"What! Why?" I wined.

"Because i said so."

"Mature." I muttered, no one but him seemed to hear me because he look straight at me and winked. What? That was creepy. "What do you want me to sing?"

"Whatever you want."

"Autumn give me a song." She seemed to think for a minute before mouthing 'Mr. Know It All' 

I nodded to her. I like this song and i now the lyrics. "I'll sing Mr. Know It All By Kelly Clarkson." I took a minute to stabalize my breathing before i started. 

Mr. Know It All

Well ya think you know it all

But ya don't know a thing at all

Ain't it, ain't it something y'all

When somebody tells you something 'bout you

Think that they know you more than you do

So you take it down another pill to swallow

Mr. Bring Me Down

Well ya, ya like to bring me down, don't you?

But I ain't laying down, baby, I ain't goin' down

Can't nobody tell me how it's gonna be

Nobody's gonna make a fool out of me

Baby, you should know that I lead not follow

Oh you think that you know me, know me That's why I'm leaving you lonely, lonely

'Cause baby you don't know a thing about me

You don't know a thing about me

You ain't got the right to tell me

When and where to go, no right to tell me

Acting like you own me lately

Yeah baby you don't know a thing about me

You don't know a thing about me