The Reckoning

It was today. The revolution is today. I was done sharpening my axe, ironically hoping I won't have to use it. I don't want to spill anyone's blood other than Schlatt. He deserves it, really.

I sighed and got up, going up the stairs, hearing voices outside. I recognized some, but not all. This is it.

We take him down today.

I reached the top, breaking the dirt blocks and squinting my eyes at the light. Almost everyone was outside, even people like Badboyhalo and Eret were here. I thought Eret was king of the SMP? Well whatever. Bad batted an eye ay me.

"Mistress! Didn't expect to see you here" Bad noticed me. He was decked out, and so was everyone else. The atmosphere was thick yet translucent.

"Alright, everyone. I know we've had our ups and downs" Tommy started off, looking at everyone who gathered.

"But together as one, we have to take down Jschlatt and his dictator ways" he pointed to the direction of L'manburg with his sword. I looked around for Wilbur until I saw him leaning on a tree, sparing a glance at Tommy's speech. I need to keep an eye on him.

While Tommy was giving a speech about all the bad things that happened to L'manburg, I saw Techno smiling at him with pride. That's nice.

After Tommy's motivational speech, Techno led us to his secret base. People kept looking through his stuff and he was frantically trying to stop them, but eventually he led us to the safe.

"This.. is the vault"

we all made our way to L'manburg, only to find barely anyone there. That's weird. Too weird. Weird and quiet enough to make me suspect that Dream is behind it.

"Dream is here" I stated. People started moving slowly after that. For all I know, he rigged everything. And I mean everything.

Then a noise. A firework. Someone shot a firework at Eret. He pulled his shield up in time though. That proves my point. He's here and he's screwing with us. More and more shots were fired from all directions that eventually seperated us. Karl and Puns revealed themselves and threw potions at us. More like smoke bombs cause I couldn't see squat. I just heard metal clashing. Before I knew it, Dream swung on Techno. He was defending really well, but I wasn't gonna let Dream fight with one person. He can deal with both since he has such difficulty choosing between two things.

I launched myself at Dream that he barely dodged. He jumped back to put some distance.

"Withdrawal?" Techno asked me. I nodded.

"I'll let you take this then" he sheathed his sword and stepped back. Appreciate that Tech.

"Thanks" I told him. Dream must've finally noticed he was outnumbered and outmatched cause he threw a bunch of potions on the ground and disappeared.

"Coward!" I yelled. Techno laughed and went on to fight Karl. He let out a shriek at the unexpected opponent. Techno chased him out of the battle as Punz ender pearled. It's empty once again. But everyone's eyes directed towards the top of the tower where Schlatt had started launching fireworks which exploded on impact. Techno appeared beside me.

"You guys should probably deal with that guy. Or not, his aim sucks" he commented. I laughed at the little joke, but focused on the task at hand. We started climbing to him and he must've seen that. Cause the next thing he did guaranteed his sentence.

He shot Tubbo. And he descended below at alarming speed. I immediately threw a pearl at where he was, but I was too late. He had fallen hard. And he was writhing in pain, coupled with the burns he got from the explosion.

"Shit, Tubbo!" She didn't think twice about getting the regeneration potion Techno gave her incase of emergencies. This was an emergency.

She made him drink it, and whatever was broken was mostly healed, she hoped. He wasn't strong enough to walk, so she steadied him and put his arm around her shoulders helping him. Her fear had passed but her anger seethed. Where is he?

WHERE THE FUCK IS HE

She gripped her axe hard, but Tubbo managed to calm her down by hugging her and tried to reason with her. She was angry, but she would cut off her hands if she hurt Tubbo.

They made their way over to a crowd. All of them were gathered around someone, who she heard was Dream.

Schlatt POV

No, no, no, NO. FUCK. This wasn't supposed to happen. Why does this always happen? I always fuck up and get the people I love hurt. FUCK. WHY AM I SUCH A SHIT DAD!?

Schlatt ran away from the tower to the one place he felt safe. The caravan. The one place he though they would never find him. The van that started it all. But Dream must've spotted him.

"What are you doing?! You aren't supposed to run away!" He scolded him. Schlatt couldn't give two fucks, as he took a bottle of whiskey from the mini fridge in there. He would sometimes come in the caravan where he couldn't hurt anyone. He hurt Quackity a lot during his presidency and he felt guilty about it, but he was afraid of seeming weak so he refused to apologize.

"Whatever" he took a swig. Dream was about to protest but knew Schlatt would be drunk soon, so he decided to turn against him. Not like Schlatt cared, he didn't care if he would get hurt or died at this point. He was a parasite to be around, he thought. There wasn't redeeming and getting yourself out of this anymore. He dug himself deeper and deeper until he couldn't climb back up.

3rd Person POV

"Schlatt is an idiot" Dream claimed which caught her attention. He didn't say anything else, but led them to the caravan. The place it all began. What started off as a drug empire, was now all in jeopardy. From the inside of the van, Elaine knew the scent of Schlatt's favorite whiskey. He was in there.

The others made way for Elaine and Tubbo, deeming them as the people who should see him first. Even if it was at such a delirious state.

They opened the door, and the smell of alcohol flooded their noses, making Elaine gag. Passing that, they found Schlatt almost completely wasted, sitting on the ground, in a state that could only be described as a president losing everything and drinking his problems away.

"Who the fuck?" He hiccuped. Elaine didn't see any sort of dad in him. All she saw was disappointment and a failure of a president, of a father, of everything.

The others huddled around the broken family, some watching from the ceiling. It was a sorrowful sight.

"Is this what you wanted?"